Slingy swinging arm thrust clearance adjuster

gray711

Being mostly used to slabby’s, I’ve got yey far with dismantling my slingy but am stuck for getting the swinging arm thrust clearance adjuster thing out (the inner one).

32AFAD1F-4886-4494-BE23-8F5176BBED48.thumb.jpeg.0c51d0cb65fb2b9eb689605b60f77a12.jpegWhat’s the general consensus? Don’t really want to tap it round as it’s solid in there & risk damaging any threads (as knowing me I will) & the tool to do it seems unobtanium unless I’m looking in the wrong place.

Any suggestions welcome.

Liberal spray of plus gas has been squirted.

Cheers

G

Edited by gray711
  • gray711 changed the title to Slingy swinging arm thrust clearance adjuster

Someone was selling the sockets for those on eblag, I bought one years ago, god only knows where it is now though. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clutch-Spanner-Motorcycle-Socket-Removal/dp/B092MJJJ6T/ref=asc_df_B092MJJJ6T/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=500841836566&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12297298977281963001&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006998&hvtargid=pla-1378239639762&psc=1  there you go

Otherwise, warm up the frame and get a piece of flat bar that will engage into 2 slots, grip that with a big adjustable spanner. 

Run a tap through the threads once its out. Youre welcome to borrow the tap if you need

Edited by davecara
49 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

arm can come out now already, you don't need to unscrew that castle thingy.

That’s good to know, the arm doesn’t want to budge hence why I thought it needed to come out, not to mention that the clymer manual seems to hint at it . I’ll take it out anyways seeing as everything’s getting cleaned up & coatings of alumslip applied. Still not decided whether or not to powder the frame.

Back on shift in the morning so I’ll try again on days off

On 8/15/2022 at 7:00 PM, gray711 said:

That’s good to know, the arm doesn’t want to budge hence why I thought it needed to come out, not to mention that the clymer manual seems to hint at it . I’ll take it out anyways seeing as everything’s getting cleaned up & coatings of alumslip applied. Still not decided whether or not to powder the frame.

Back on shift in the morning so I’ll try again on days off

Get it powdercoated to look like Polished Ali, Best of both worlds :D

• Like 1
12 hours ago, jonny1bump said:

If someone has wound the castle trust clearance adjuster in hard it can act like a G clamp. Its different if you had bike long time and know it inside out.

Good to know, Unfortunately I’m only getting to know the bike now, hence why I’m taking it apart :tu