GSX 1100/750 ET colour name/code?

imago

48 minutes ago, imago said:

Maybe, is that pearl white? I've never seen one in the flesh, and some photos make the colour look more of a cream shade or darker and some a pearl white.

I’ve seen the green / off white ones online but never seen one in the flesh. Not my favourite colour but still cool and interestingly different.

675F8C8B-BCD1-45D2-BFE8-472B8F90641A.jpeg

• Like 1
18 hours ago, imago said:

Does anyone know what the name and/or colour code is for the cream or pale stone colour? I believe it was only used for the home market and Aus/NZ and had the same green and gold striping as the silver bikes.

It looks like the bike on this page of Grumpy's site Here.

The colour codes are in the parts books ...but i don't have an ET one  :(

21 minutes ago, Duckndive said:

The colour codes are in the parts books ...but i don't have an ET one  :(

I've had a look at all the scans of colour code pages I can find online but non seem to list it. Some show a "pure white" but the photos all seem to show an off white or cream. 

As far as I can tell that colour was only sold in Australia and New Zealand, maybe Japan. 

I like the scheme and want to get the bodywork done in it for one of the ETs. I can get it done in an off white with or without pearl, but I'd like to get it how the originals were if I can. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Duckndive said:

i took that with a pinch of salt TBH as some of the pages def have 76 on stuff on them 

I guess it could be on there, but there's no way of telling really. It tells you for example that 112 is Suzuki Ivory, but not what it was used on or when. So unless I can get an accurate reference photo (fat chance with a scan from a 40 + year old brochure) to compare it to, a bike in the colour having a list of swatches doesn't help. So it'll come down to someone knowing what it is, or knowing of a GSX in that colour.

2 hours ago, Fazz711 said:

Don't think it would be a Japan 1100ET colour scheme.

Maybe a 750 one.

Don't think they used anything bigger than 750 officially.

I think if you were in Japan and wanted bigger at the time you had to grey import one back into Japan from another country

The same tank/bodywork and colour schemes were used on both the 750 and 1100. Bodywork was painted and sent down the line then fitted to whatever the production order was for.

31 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

I’ve got the microfiche for ET/EX. I’ll have a look later on, and see what’s on the first few pages. The codes may well be there ... but numbers won’t tell you if that’s the colours you’re after!

As far as I know nothing else on the ET/EX was white or cream. So the only white or cream shown would be the bodywork as it's not in a stripe. Maybe o.O

On 8/12/2022 at 7:48 PM, Joseph said:

Thats an ordinary silver metallic with green and gold decals.

Modern photos of same thing here :

https://moto-station.com/moto-revue/essai/retro-suzuki-gsx-1100-1979-1981

I think what @imagois talking about is just a yellowed out vintage photo of the same thing ?

I think there is a cream or white version too .

Only seen photos of it.

Think it is fairly rare in the UK

• 2 months later...

Not sure if it’s any help but When I researched the ET colours if memory serves me well there was a total of four colour options, Black, Red, Blue and Silver,think they were all a metallic/ pearl,  I’ve not come across any White/ Off white/ Cream options.