Uk gsx1100ez differences to Us gs1100 ez

Rod

Good afternoon Gents, 

thanks for letting me join. Back in 1983 I had a gsx1100 ez, I am now looking at buying another, but the one I am looking at is a American import, now I know the engine is 10 horsepower less on the us ones, however I don’t know what they changed to achieve this, also was there any other differences between the two specs apart from speedo, and no light switch.

thanks in advance.

regards Rod.

Just for clarification in the US 1982 GS1100e is and EZ.  In 1983 the designation was ED.   ED had welded crank and black motor.  82 did not have welded cranks and had silver motors.  Some will claim some 82s did have welded cranks at end of production  but I've never seen or read of one.  If you planning on flogging it get an 83.  

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Isleoman said:

Just for clarification in the US 1982 GS1100e is and EZ.  In 1983 the designation was ED.   ED had welded crank and black motor.  82 did not have welded cranks and had silver motors.  Some will claim some 82s did have welded cranks at end of production  but I've never seen or read of one.  If you planning on flogging it get an 83.  

Same motor as a black engined ‘83 SD Katana ?  

If I remember right there were a few differences like the clutch too ?

16233C7B-31E5-4FD0-814C-7F23D433D37B.jpeg