Modding EFE tail light and some more questions

Hello all..

I have some more questions.. and its a long list.. but will try to keep it short. 

Still collecting parts for my efe, and I am looking for a back-light or taillight... Not asking for 1 here but is some 1 offers me 1 I will not complain.. :)
On my first efe the rear fender was real short, and the license plate was mounted below the taillight and the plate was lit. 
There was A clear piece in the middle so the plate would lite up. 
Now I have looked at all the member projects and most efe related post but so far no luck finding one like it.

My first question.. Has anyone here adapted the taillight so it lits up the license plate ??? If so, how was it done..
Second... How do you get your plate lit when mounted directly below the taillight... suggestions are welcome.. pics even more. 

As mentioned before.. I am still collecting parts.
I would love to get a Gsxr swing arm in (already have 1)..combined with a rf900 or other straight spoke wheel . 
Since I can't do any welding I need someone to do this for me.
What would be the best setup to get the swing arm in place... What Suspension, link and dog bones would most suited.
I like the rear up a bit will use efe engine, usd from a 94 gsxr750w the rider will be about 80 kg.
All suggestion are welcome.

Last one for now..
What straight spoke  wheel (and disks) would be the best to get for the 94 gsxr750w fork. 
Hassle-free would be great, but any combination A novice can put together would be much appreciated.

That's it for now.. 

Looking forward for your replies.

:D

Thanks wraith, I'll look in to them.. it seems to be a nice solution to shine some light on my plate.:P

I went looking for a vin number... but no luck. I did found out it's frame number GR7BA-101xxx, it had a banana swingarm, and curved spokes.  Miss Google tells me it's properly a 92 or 93.  If not please correct me. 

What straight spoke wheels would be the one to get in without to much trouble. I got a rf900 rear wheel, so they need to match. 

1 hour ago, tomtom66 said:

What straight spoke wheels would be the one to get in without to much trouble. I got a rf900 rear wheel, so they need to match.

RF wheels are the same as Bandit wheels, i'm guessing gen 1 bandit could do ?

Edited by Joseph
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys..

I'm not going to do it the old-fashion way so LED it is.
I came across the license plate bolts looking for a small LED light and do like the way it looks. 
Same place has some small plate LED lights, so I ordered both to see what I prefer. 

I also have a Bandit 1200 wheel coming this way to see if its a good match.

What about the rear suspension and link ?
I would like something a bit more modern and the rear up a bit.
I have to get the parts, and have a welder who is willing to get the frame ready so suggestions are more then welcome.

Next week I am getting the frame checked to see if it is OK to use since there is some rust. It needs to be sturdy enough to use, then my slow project will begin.

• Like 1