Brake master cylinder Bandit

Men, Women, fairy tale creatures;

I've got a brake and clutch master cylinder on my GS1000 from a Bandit, AFAIK.

I'd like to get the brake master in the same model as my clutch master cylinder.

I think the clutch is from a GSF1200, and the brake from a GSF1250. When I start Googling, the clutch and brake still don't match.

I'm pretty sure the brake has a 14mm piston in it.

Anyone knows which brake baster cylinder will match my clutch master cylinder? Model and year, please?

koppeling.jpg

The early ones had the Nissin 4 pots, possibly mated to a 14mm one. Later Bandits had the tokico 6 pots, probably mated to a 16mm. That's the combo on a TLR anyway.

Forgot to mention, over at your place it might read ww91 9_9

Edited by TLRS
Ozzyness
5 minutes ago, Reinhoud said:

MK1 is 1200, MK2 is 1250?

Nope Mk1 is early 1996-2000,  1200 oily cooled, Mk2 is later 2000-2006 oil cooled

1250 is the so called Mk3 water cooled but shouldnt be called a Bandit at all.:tu

I have a pair of Mk1 1200 mastercylinders at home, ill dom pic after work, but levers are differant between Mk1 and 2, due to slight differences in the master cylinders. 

Lots of places advertise the same after market lever for Mk1 and 2's but they dont fit both.............

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

Nope Mk1 is early 1996-2000,  1200 oily cooled, Mk2 is later 2000-2006 oil cooled

1250 is the so called Mk3 water cooled but shouldnt be called a Bandit at all.:tu

I have a pair of Mk1 1200 mastercylinders at home, ill dom pic after work, but levers are differant between Mk1 and 2, due to slight differences in the master cylinders. 

Lots of places advertise the same after market lever for Mk1 and 2's but they dont fit both.............

Back doing a search then..

9 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

First gen busa masters are a pretty flush coffin style as well, but they’re designed for bars with a bit of drop to them. 

I’ve run a pair on Renthals for about 15 years, on flat bars the angle looks very odd and wrong. Surprisingly dispite not even being able to take the tops off without losing fluid, they have worked OK. I was expecting there to be dramas but never had any.  They do look strange though! 

• Like 1