Cam out?

I’m replacing a gearbox bearing in a mates 1127 engine. I’ve been presented with the engine,  lower case removed. My question is; Is it a fiddle replacing the lower case around the lower protruding end of the front camchain tensioner? Will it locate ok in its pocket? Or, is it better to whip the exhaust cam out, and remove said tensioner???

Edited by Swiss Toni

@colinworth79Colin, I had to take all the gubbins out of the lower case to clean it out thoroughly. It was full of dust and black silicone. So, I put a dob of grease on the heel of the front tensioner, and offered the case up. Split the cases, and behold the pocket full of grease! Result! HAving said that, no selector forks to line up, so mightn't be such a success for real!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 7:43 PM, Swiss Toni said:

@colinworth79Colin, I had to take all the gubbins out of the lower case to clean it out thoroughly. It was full of dust and black silicone. So, I put a dob of grease on the heel of the front tensioner, and offered the case up. Split the cases, and behold the pocket full of grease! Result! HAving said that, no selector forks to line up, so mightn't be such a success for real!

But it was! Straight in, no bother. :banana: