Marving exhaust

Hi, Quick question , has anyone on here tried The marving exhaust for a gsx 1100 ef, they seem fairly good value but are they any good. Just bought a standard 1100 ef and want to get rid of the original pipe. Many thanks

Edited by Blubber
Corrected title
On 7/20/2022 at 2:58 AM, Coleman said:

Hi, Quick question , has anyone on here tried The marving exhaust for a gsx 1100 ef, they seem fairly good value but are they any good. Just bought a standard 1100 ef and want to get rid of the original pipe. Many thanks

I had one on my GS1000, the Racing.

Wasn't high performance, no clue what it does compared to the stock exhaust.

Pretty decent quality, sounds alright too!! 

Suzuki.JPG

• Like 3
  • Blubber changed the title to Marving exhaust

It was the pencil can i had on my katana

It is obnoxiously loud in stock form, i added a baffler to help somewhat.

I only chose it because of the tube arrangement, the SRAD fork lowering the bike quite a lot, it needed road clearance somehow.

Welds look Bad, if it were stainless it would be fine, but italian chrome will not last, thats just a fact

On 7/22/2022 at 4:30 PM, jensvonbustenskjold said:

I've been wondering the same myself for  a gs1000. In the end  sound of Marving is not my ideal sound. That's only my opinion after checking out some sound samples on YouTube. It was too baaafhh 

I prefer Delkevic, VH etc. Got an old Marshall system on her now. Sounds deep and neat. Staying on for now 

My Marving sounds pretty alright, not too loud and that nice old style raw growl

• Like 1
On 7/23/2022 at 6:48 PM, Joseph said:

It was the pencil can i had on my katana

It is obnoxiously loud in stock form, i added a baffler to help somewhat.

I only chose it because of the tube arrangement, the SRAD fork lowering the bike quite a lot, it needed road clearance somehow.

Welds look Bad, if it were stainless it would be fine, but italian chrome will not last, thats just a fact

You had the same as I have in the photo? Mine isn't too loud. Won't say it's quiet, but not over the top

It is definitely over the top of any legal/MOT/roadside police check requirement

It is impossible for what is basically a straight pipe, to be "not over the top"

And anyway, in the event that happens, police will always say it's too loud and fuck people for it

ive got one on my efe,

it works and isnt rotten, its like a black chrome finish with a normal can. hasnt been used that much over the years,but it still looking as good as it did 10 years ago. 

edit to add, im a doof, its a sebring. 

Edited by baldrick
  • Like 1

There was one fitted to my 1100ez when I bought the bike, it was a couple of years old and had rusted quite a lot underneath with average all year round use…..as far as performance goes it was quite poor, swapping it for an old Harris exhaust made a quite noticeable improvement