BST38 needle jets no longer available?

Needle jets, emulsion tubes, whatever you want to call them. Went to look for them on one of the parts suppliers here in the states and they're now showing as discontinued. Are we stuck with dynojet kits going forwards? Factory Pro doesn't make them and uses the stock ones in their jet kits. Are they still available in Europe? Suzuki part number is #09494-00677.

Still available for the slingshot 1100s, but I think Suzuki is killing off a lot of the parts for the 750s. Even more reason to swap 1100s into everything and run RS carbs I guess.

8 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

Needle jets, emulsion tubes, whatever you want to call them. Went to look for them on one of the parts suppliers here in the states and they're now showing as discontinued. Are we stuck with dynojet kits going forwards? Factory Pro doesn't make them and uses the stock ones in their jet kits. Are they still available in Europe? Suzuki part number is #09494-00677.

Still available for the slingshot 1100s, but I think Suzuki is killing off a lot of the parts for the 750s. Even more reason to swap 1100s into everything and run RS carbs I guess.

Try this company 

8A3E12C2-0CDB-4377-BB12-BFC7F2906A5A.jpeg

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Upshotknothole said:

Price actually works about the same as here in the states, but they don’t say if they have them in stock or not. My biggest fear is them no longer being available once all the NOS parts sell out. 

I appreciate they don’t say if I’m stock . But some Gurls blouse parts I have looked for on that site . Say no longer available and your unable to create a basket .. so poss they are available! 
and if emulsion tubes are still available from dynojet. It’s an option . Just use good oem needles . Dj needles seem too hard and make emulsion tube oval over time , I had a katana in once for running issues .. 

C147756D-D6B6-43BD-847F-5CC191F56964.jpeg

05FFA967-02A0-4007-8DAB-0210CB3F8DD5.jpeg

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, davecara said:

Try Allens Performance over here. I'm sure they'll ship to you and the £ is worthless at the moment so it shouldnt be expensive either

https://www.allensperformance.co.uk/

If they cant post, one of us would be able to sort it for you im sure

Great shout , used them many times for fcr bits . But honestly never thought to use them for oem parts . Great company with a wealth of knowledge 

• Like 1

Even more reason to swap 1100s into everything and run RS carbs I guess.

Thats the spirit

Don't make me say it... I've never had jetting issues with my oh thats right throttlebodies, EFI.

Maybe you can put EFI on and make up some carby looking covers to go over the throttlebodies to give the look of carbys, you know like the boy racer car guys who put Brembo brake caliper covers on their cars.

55108620_3-300x221.jpg.4b64cf236e721d463f15ed49537cd010.jpg

Admin please delete if you want, thankyou.

10 hours ago, GSX1100dreamn said:
Maybe you can put EFI on and make up some carby looking covers to go over the throttle bodies to give the look of carburfuckingettors, 

If you were clever with a lathe and TIG, its not beyond the realms of possibility to add in some injector bungs to a set of carbs, lose the slide, needle and all the other bollux, block up the redundant holes and voila - retro style efi TB's :D

• Like 1
6 hours ago, GSX1100dreamn said:

So this is what I mean. There are plenty of online shops that still list them, but if they don’t have any currently in stock, I don’t think you can get them anymore. Suzuki appears to have discontinued them. So going forwards, if you have a 90/91/92(US) 750, you have a choice of Dynojet kits, or RS/FCR/TMR carbs, because the needle jets are a consumable that wears out. I even emailed dynojet last week about buying replacement needle jets and needles from them, but they haven’t gotten back to me. 

56C186BD-D8B3-4029-BDEE-7FD0B6D20081.thumb.jpeg.7f9b3c38dc8d30b4eba46173f63af519.jpeg

As soon as I get off my ass and prep a spare 1127 for this bike, I doubt I’ll be ever be running stock BST38s again. I was mainly curious if people were seeing the same thing as far as availability in the rest of the world, and it appears that way. 

The L was always the best of the long stroke slingshots, with the M being a fat pig and the N being identical other than getting the best paint job, but only being released to us in the states. I can understand why Suzuki wouldn’t keep manufacturing parts for the M and the N at this point. 

Edited by Upshotknothole
Grammar
8 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

DJ got back to me. You can buy needle jets, they’ll only sell needles if you send back your worn ones. Apparently they’re Ti? That’s news to me, and gonna pull mine and see if they’re worn or actually Ti. 

That makes sense as i've wondered what they were made from - deffo lighter than stock steel needles but waaaay harder than a 'hard' aluminium! Oddly I've never had the tube wear like others experienced - the needles wore a virtual flat between idle and mid range - probably where it spent 75% of its time. Shame I didn't know about DJ's needle exchange and the carbs got scrapped for parts !