Carb ID once again

11 hours ago, fab said:

i have a 750L and have the power jet carbs.   

That's what I thought 

7 hours ago, Devilman said:

My vague memory is telling me something about the US model having the same carbs but with the powerjet circuit disabled o.O

I believe so but not sure if they still had the pipe for it or not. 

7 hours ago, spiderpig said:

I believe so but not sure if they still had the pipe for it or not. 

Looking at parts fiche's etc.. it seems the Cali models came with BST36's still and everywhere else got the BST38's but some had the powerjet circuit disabled, however this was typically done via installation of a #0 jet. All the pipework is would still be present, unlike with your set that is really strange as the float bowls do not even have the "port" the pipe would connect to machined into them.O.o

On 7/4/2022 at 8:15 AM, Devilman said:

Looking at parts fiche's etc.. it seems the Cali models came with BST36's still and everywhere else got the BST38's but some had the powerjet circuit disabled, however this was typically done via installation of a #0 jet. All the pipework is would still be present, unlike with your set that is really strange as the float bowls do not even have the "port" the pipe would connect to machined into them.O.o

Can confirm, I've got American BST38s on a 750N and they've got all the tubing, but the power jets are blocked with a #0 jet. I thought all the bandits had a single fuel inlet in the middle between #2 & #3 and a remote choke. Those look like GSXR 750 carbs maybe for a specific market with restrictive emissions? Everything looks right except the lack of the power jet holes.

14 minutes ago, Upshotknothole said:

Can confirm, I've got American BST38s on a 750N and they've got all the tubing, but the power jets are blocked with a #0 jet. I thought all the bandits had a single fuel inlet in the middle between #2 & #3 and a remote choke. Those look like GSXR 750 carbs maybe for a specific market with restrictive emissions? Everything looks right except the lack of the power jet holes.

That was also my thinking, since Cali generally has more restrictive emissions regs compared to the rest of the US, but Cali models ran BST36's so definitely not that.

Perhaps some jap import spec maybe?

6 minutes ago, Devilman said:

That was also my thinking, since Cali generally has more restrictive emissions regs compared to the rest of the US, but Cali models ran BST36's so definitely not that.

Perhaps some jap import spec maybe?

Yeah, probably spec for some specific country. CA carbs also had the idle adjust directly below the carbs, no cable out to the side. I grew up in CA, first thing you did when you got a bike was try and restore it back to what the other 49 states got.

• Like 1