High comp..high heat

HWB

Ok so this is the plan, im gonna get a 19 row main cooler to replace the stock one, still dont know between curved or straight. I really hope it fits without interfering with the fairings, then in case it needs more cooling ill add a 6 row one at the very bottom.

In terms of fitment, curved or straight ? An6 or 8 

21 hours ago, HWB said:

Dup, do you know if other 1000s models have also the same fittings or is it just a k5 thing

Same fittings on most of oil coolers for GSXR. The K5/K6 oil cooler has a triangular skape and fits well inside the fairing. It will not work together with Yoshimura headers. The oil cooler will interfere with front wheel.

5 hours ago, Panos said:

I have a question , why is nobody connecting the second cooler inline with the main one ?

I think johny1bump wrote about doing it this way next time or maybe i am wrong .

That is totally unnecessary. On some of the race bikes back in the day, they actually used the large main cooler to cool the head, then fitted a smaller cooler in place of the main one.

IMG_20220703_090325.jpg

Edited by george 1100
  • Like 1

I have so many questions for this pic and an idea .

If a shorter curved cooler , connected with the main one , placed in front and lower of the main cooler  can fit with no clearance issues with an usd fork and not reducing turning radius too .

Have this double cooler as a head cooler with the lines coming over the cylinder head and a gsxr 1000 vshaped cooler connected with the sump lines instead of the main one , everything nice and tidy right ?

Also anybody knows what frame is this in the picture ?

1832824623_images(6).thumb.jpeg.d4963d0720f7a963b9666513cc38a4ac.jpeg.68b5fa6d37a0bd44e37b62a34575d7d6.jpeg

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, HWB said:

Ok so i sent Earls an email last week and still no response.

I just wanted to know if the 19 row cooler they offer will fit my bike with fairings on.

Has anyone got an idea ? 

They usually aren't a  'one size fits everything' deal - you have to come up with a mounting solution! But unless you choose the 'super' wide type, most of the 'regular' width coolers will fit within a fairing as they are somewhat more narrow than stock types!