A new member

F9FFF89B-7805-4482-A4F6-D163742E3BED.thumb.jpeg.414c8f11278def77d664a7e603799251.jpegF320B4D3-F396-43CF-8EC2-8FB0A2A60B37.thumb.jpeg.2f95bd37eaa1a7e1f1eb87b3be7e8fd5.jpegGood morning all . I’ve been a lurker for a while .. the story goes . I lost my father (Evoluzione) in January this year .. hit me for six and I most certainly lost my best friend that day .. it was him that got me into bikes from the age of 6 .. the reason for this post . Well I’ve inherited his 1100m that he brought when I was 14 . ( now 43) but and it’s a big but .. he stripped it around 2003 ish . So trying to find all the parts .. is there a classifieds add for this forum ?? Dad also got me into the trade . I first started on the tools at a dyno centre called rhino dyno in Croydon in 1994 . I’m still on the tools to this day . 
Im sure I will be asking many questions. Sorry for the long post 

Tony 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Hi Tony. Welcome to OSS.  50 posts and the classifieds will magically appear. What was the old man’s user name?

Evoluzione I believe .. he built a nice 1100m in mid nineties. Was in pb in august 1999 , both me and him .. I know he sold some parts from bike . I just promised him I would build it up again .. 

Hi Tony, sorry to hear about your dad, he had some cool bikes.

He was a member on here, didnt post much. He was mostly trying to sell off trick bits he had. I think quite a few got scattered around the biking world.

As has been said you need 50 posts to see the classified section. Its one of many stupid rules zealously applied on here.

Some of the facebook groups may be a better place to start.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, dupersunc said:

Hi Tony, sorry to hear about your dad, he had some cool bikes.

He was a member on here, didnt post much. He was mostly trying to sell off trick bits he had. I think quite a few got scattered around the biking world.

As has been said you need 50 posts to see the classified section. Its one of many stupid rules zealously applied on here.

Some of the facebook groups may be a better place to start.

Thank you .. yeah dad had some pretty cool period parts , some I’ve found . One concern is the engine . He stored it with no oil for some years , do I strip it to see what inside is like ! Although was running fine when he removed it . This is how it was last rolling , but my plan is to return it back to the first photos I posted . 7788CC01-E86B-4F9B-B69D-0F19218680E1.thumb.jpeg.e2d0bbd06f8a504ae9ed14573b96e6b5.jpeg

• Like 1

Re : The engine, if its been stored 'closed up' ie. plugs in and all orifices plugged it should be as good as the day it was stored! If not then moisture will have gotten in and the rust monster will likely cover any steel not thickly coated in old oil. Popping any of the covers will give a good idea of internal state!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Re : The engine, if its been stored 'closed up' ie. plugs in and all orifices plugged it should be as good as the day it was stored! If not then moisture will have gotten in and the rust monster will likely cover any steel not thickly coated in old oil. Popping any of the covers will give a good idea of internal state!

I will remove cam cover , sump and 3 sides when I get motor home . Fingers will be crossed .. 

do you know if internal parts are still available? 

3 hours ago, Wee Man said:

Hi Tony, sorry to hear about your dad.

Like Swiss T said, minimum of 50 posts before you can access For sale/Wanted section of the forum. Stop OSS getting inundated with people only here to sell stuff.  

What wrong with that?

Damn those people selling rare and interesting parts to like minded individuals.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Serafumi said:

Kinda what I was expecting. Let’s hope I don’t need to much . Do people use fowlers for new spares or robbinsons 

Robinsons offered a small discount if you mention OSS.

Both are helpful  I'm my experience.

Suzuki quite often have special offers on gaskets and the like, offering parts at half price or less.

Both dealers mentioned  pass this on to customers.

2 minutes ago, dupersunc said:

What wrong with that?

Damn those people selling rare and interesting parts to like minded individuals.

Yeah I find that strange . But guess it’s the rules . I don’t wanna sell anything yet . But most certainly will have to buy some bits . As it’s been in pieces so many years . Godknows where bits are … 

• Like 1
Just now, dupersunc said:

Robinsons offered a small discount if you mention OSS.

Both are helpful  I'm my experience.

Suzuki quite often have special offers on gaskets and the like, offering parts at half price or less.

Both dealers mentioned  pass this on to customers.

Fantastic. I will keep that in mind . Appreciate your help . 

16 minutes ago, dupersunc said:

What wrong with that?

:D nothing wrong with that, just nice if folks hang around and contribute, share pics, build threads etc. Hence the 50 post minimum.  

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Wee Man said:

:D nothing wrong with that, just nice if folks hang around and contribute, share pics, build threads etc. Hence the 50 post minimum.  

When the build begins I will start a project page … I’ve not worked on an oil cooled suzuki for years .. got a garage full of bikes . But only 2 Suzukis . Well 3 now . I doubt the project will start anytime soon race season is in full swing 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Wee Man said:

@Serafumi definately stick around and start a build thread when you get a chance. Share the rebuild with us, your dad had some very innovative ideas with his bikes :tu

Thank you so much for the kind words . I thank him everyday for sending me on this path of motorcycles . Getting paid to do a job you love is priceless.. 

• Like 3