Cylinders.

They’re so tight, I’ve had to strip the motor around them! 1127. I’m now left with the cylinders and the upper crankcase. The fuckers just won’t budge! When hit, they sound as if they’re part of the upper case. Any dodges to make them part company? Presently soaking in WD40. I want to avoid breaking any fins, as they’re in really good nick!

Edited by Swiss Toni
2 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

They’re so tight, I’ve had to strip the motor around them! 1127. I’m now left with the cylinders and the upper crankcase. The fuckers just won’t budge! When hit, they sound as if they’re part of the upper case. Any dodges to make them part company? Presently soaking in WD40. I want to avoid breaking any fins, as they’re in really good nick!

I think your gona need some heat Toni, might be seized on the dowels !!!!  can you remove the cylinder head studs ? it might help if you can get em out. 

1 hour ago, TonyGee said:

I think your gona need some heat Toni, might be seized on the dowels !!!!  can you remove the cylinder head studs ? it might help if you can get em out. 

It's either that, Tones, or seized on the front studs that are exposed to all the flying shite! And, I don't fancy removing the studs ... too much to go wrong!

1 minute ago, Swiss Toni said:

It's either that, Tones, or seized on the front studs that are exposed to all the flying shite! And, I don't fancy removing the studs ... too much to go wrong!

yeah your probably right,  plusgas and acetone is a good combination with a little help from a heat gun. 

• Like 1