Fuel leak if...

HWB

Finally got the rs38s on the bike, had to dremel thr boots a bit, got the tank issue fixed and painted, looking real nice.

Yesterday i starter her for the first time on the nee carbs and new head, and i noticed fuel leaking after i turned it off. Only when i turn her off she starts leaking from the small nipples on the carbs, as soon as i close the tap it stops, is this normal with flatslides ? Not all carbs are leaking only 2. (1&4)

New carbs fresh out the box mate. Im using a pingel, not the vacuum actuated oem tap. I was thinking its because the fuel keeps flowing with the open tap so its flooding. As soon as i close the tap it stops, only happens on 1 & 4.

Check the float needles, they shouldn’t leak, but all my bikes with RS or FCR carbs I just get in the habit of turning the petcock off when leaving the bike. I’ve got a dirt bike made by that brand that won’t be mentioned here with an FCR carb on it, and if I leave the petcock on, the garage smells of gas constantly because the float bowl vents directly to atmosphere and it’ll keep evaporating gas as long as there’s gas in the bowl. 

Also i found that i had to not go by the manual as per float heights, the carbs would leak when at Mikuni said spec, but yeah, now i use inline taps without all the tank fitted crap and i close them when i get off the bike

Edited by Joseph