Inazuma 750 carburetor nightmare

terecha

5 hours ago, TonyGee said:

can't say ive ever had a problem with a worn seat as a new valve fixes the issue. but ive heard of people using some sort of abrasive or cutting tool to clean up the edges of the hole in the seat.  might be worth a try ? 

I tried it. It reduced the leakage. Situation was 50% better. But couldn't fix the problem. So I am sure the pressed seats are the reason! No idea what to do, while the seats are not replaceable.

Edited by terecha

Sometimes pressed in carb bits become loose with age and simply pull out. The last time this happened to me, on the fuel hose spigot on an ancient small Yamaha trail bike, a smear of Three Bond on the base cured the problem. Petrol does not affect Three Bond. In fact, getting the stuff off can be a major pain in the backside as it's such a good product.

the 750 Zumas are known for tank rust, that could cause your float needles to stick open / not close completely. Check for tank rust, do you have a fuel filter before the carbs?

You should find original spare carbs, as the 12 and 7.5 using the same.

About airfilters... with airbox and stock exhaust headers the Inazumas are very picky about airfilters.

Must fit OEM airfilter (with the foam)/ airbox / headers to make them run properly, or else require Dyno time.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...