Cheap as chips gs1000 big bore kits

R1guy

2 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Never a truer word!

Possibly true but reading into other stuff available - they are kits for largely older bikes - so slow moving stock, maybe some company has had a clearout / was closing down and stuff came as a job lot? Pointless waiting for top dollar if you can actually make a return on your outlay by selling cheap? Says they are in / from USA but contacts / phone is on Japanese time - f**king confusing LOL!

35 minutes ago, wraith said:

Put a set in my gs1000 about, errr over 6 years ago, standard comp, not a hi comp kit

but been in ever since with no problems.

Mine came from Hong Kong, think I payed about £80 then.

i remember you posting about it back then and there were quite a few 'itll never last' posts!

• Like 2

I put a set in my GS1000S a few years back and it had done 3000 miles with no probs before I sold it.

To my eye, quality looked as good as OE, and the (very experienced) guy who did my rebore gave them a nod and said 'Mmmm'. High praise from a cynical old school engineer!

• Like 2
On 6/16/2022 at 1:27 AM, R1guy said:

Was searching about and found these on the bay.

Any one had any experience or heard any reviews? 
Seems too good to be true…

https://www.Eblag.co.uk/itm/144374030394?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=KWnFQthBRwK&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=y99DFu9YST-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Hard to say.

I bought a Subaru Outback with a cooked flat 6 engine, cylinders needed to be bored and oversized pistons.

The only pistons I could find, or better, the only company who actually could delivered, was MAG engines from the United Arabic Emirates, those pistons were that cheap, it couldn't be good.. About $30 per piston...

I send them an E-mail asking about the quality, because they're very cheap. I was told that they're in a country were there's a parts shop on almost every street corner, so the margins are very small..

Ordered them, pistons looked alright actually, about the same as the OEM ones.

After about 4 months later the engine suffered from a spun big end bearing, so I took the engine apart, pistons were/are in very good condition.

The GS is not a high performance engine, I think I would take the risk

Edited by Reinhoud
On 6/16/2022 at 4:19 AM, wraith said:

Put a set in my gs1000 about, errr over 6 years ago, standard comp, not a hi comp kit

but been in ever since with no problems.

Mine came from Hong Kong, think I payed about £80 then.

I bought a set of JE, that was pretty disappointing to be honest.. Size and weight wise

• Like 1

I ordered a carb rebuild kit from the same site, 5 months later and still not recieved anything, asked the question through there website email but no reply ????? take your chance. ive heard some people have had no problems with their stuff,,,,thats if you get it 

Cruzinimage has a spotty reputation, I've heard reports of them being total arseholes who refuse to make good on faulty products. Yet I've friend who bought  big bore kit from them with no issues at all.

The price is certainly tempting about $700 less than I paid form my Wiseco kit. If you purchase with Paypal you have recourse for refund.

On 6/19/2022 at 10:47 AM, Neil-IOM said:

I ordered a carb rebuild kit from the same site, 5 months later and still not recieved anything, asked the question through there website email but no reply ????? take your chance. ive heard some people have had no problems with their stuff,,,,thats if you get it 

I made a purchase not long ago same problem, no product.  Sent email asking when my product would be shipped email response back was "We're busy">:( .

I contacted Paypal and got funds applied back to my credit card.

• 4 weeks later...

Having looked into these kits that R1Guy showed us, the GS 650 big bore kit (haha) looks like standard GS 750 pistons, 65.00 mm. So could I use OE GS 750 barrels and pistons, to big bore, lol, my GS 650 to make a whopping 740 cc. In other words have any of you guys experience of fitting 750 block to 650 crank cases? Or should I just bore the 650 block?

With 65,000 + miles on my 650 it is getting a little tired and not always keen on starting.

5 hours ago, inmate said:

Having looked into these kits that R1Guy showed us, the GS 650 big bore kit (haha) looks like standard GS 750 pistons, 65.00 mm. So could I use OE GS 750 barrels and pistons, to big bore, lol, my GS 650 to make a whopping 740 cc. In other words have any of you guys experience of fitting 750 block to 650 crank cases? Or should I just bore the 650 block?

With 65,000 + miles on my 650 it is getting a little tired and not always keen on starting.

I think, the barrels/block off the gs750 won't fit onto the gs650 bottom end/crank case.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, inmate said:

Thanks for the reply Wraith. I may get second-hand GS750 pistons new rings and re-bore the 650 barrels to suit if the little ends are the same size.

Don't know about little ends.

I know the 750 and 850 have the same size, as it was a common thing to put the 850 top end onto the 750 bottom end.

Be worth putting up a question on its own.