Oil Cooled Head Swaps Gsxr onto GSF

13 hours ago, BikeJake said:

This is diamond info chaps. 

JE / MTC 1216 @ £700? + boring £200? - Hayabusa mk1 pistons £150? + boring £200? (but needs head below)

J/K 750 cams - or any K / L 1127 cams as they are virtually identical - cost £ for either.

Gas flowed B12 Head @ £600 - £1000 inc parts - GSXR Dot 750 head £200? and mild clean up £200 (works with the Bus pistons as they are lower CR once installed . . . . . maybe 11:1 CR? Biggest issue is finding a non - mullered one. I sold my last one with cams for £150! And factor in using Super Unleaded ALL the time with the Wiseco / JE / MTC 12:1+ pistons - boring old fart thought but it is a viable cost FOR EVER!

38 RS @ £700? - or 36RS - same cost and still get 150+hp. Obvs S/H maybe half the cost.

Hindle 421 Headers. - Alt. - Akropovic or equal full system in SS + Carbon or Ti ? - how deep is your pocket. The SS/SS is pretty ltwt. in my experience!

Dynotek Ignition - Go for Ignitech - Agreed, for its cost it is exceptional and i'm a fan of Dyna products!

Dyno sesh... £200 and required whatever set up chosen!

Anything else before I start buying this stuff. Lol.. 

I do think the 3rd party cams at 325 plus pandp seems like the biggest waste of dosh if I can find JK ones?... Am I making sense.? I don't see the point in cams for road bikes - purpose built type engines - racing, turbo, tractor pulling then yes but everyday use, spend the £££ elsewhere!

Or alternatively with 'guesstimated' costs comparison . . . .  In RED above.

Edited by Gixer1460
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, davecara said:

@Gixer1460Have you used Busa pistons for a N/A 1216? I've only ever seen them used in a turbo application. Would have thought the CR would be far too low unless you had the barrels decked.

Would you use rods too?

I haven't and normally I wouldn't propose them - especially for turbo use, but everyone has a budget and within the cost savings noted there is cash available for skimmed barrels, Blandit barrel flanges can handle a decent skim. I believe using the rods, pokes the pistons out of the block! And considering their origin and s/h cost, their use in a 'performance application' stacks up as they also have OEM long term reliability on their side!

God knows how vvv got here !

18 hours ago, BikeJake said:

• Like 1

The cams seem to be the issue. 

Plenty of slingshot cams no J K Cams some expensive cams. 

And a note that these engines have a tendency to burn up cams a tad? 

I guess I'm gonna have to go Kent of Sukuki Performance Spares. 

Trying to get hold of Grumpy see if they can do head. 

Pistons JE or MTC?? 

Or shall I just do some pistons split the cases do some H beam rods and bolt a turbo to it...

Tbh... I'm less attracted to that as I like trad DOHC carb engines.