What size sprockets

I have put a B12 swing arm and B6 front forks on my GS750 to run 120 and 180 profile tyres on Standard Bandit wheels

my question is , what size front and rear sprockets  do I need for this set up?

Edited by Kevref
Typo

What size rear tyre was on it before? You can calculate the circumferance of the 180/55(???) x 17 and then whatever was on it before and compare. The lower profile 17 inch tyre will likely be smaller than the old 18 inch high profile trye so you may be able to gear up a bit, i.e. 2 teeth less on the back sprocket as a guesstimate.

Standard bandit gearing is 15f, 45r which is good for about 150 mph at max revs in the unlikely event you can get there. I have gone 16f, 48r which is exactly the same ratio to give the chain more clearance over the swingarm at the pivot. Google gear commander to get more info on the effect of alternative sprockets

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 11:30 PM, coombehouse said:

Standard bandit gearing is 15f, 45r which is good for about 150 mph at max revs in the unlikely event you can get there. I have gone 16f, 48r which is exactly the same ratio to give the chain more clearance over the swingarm at the pivot. Google gear commander to get more info on the effect of alternative sprockets

This sounds about right. I run 17/48 on my GS750 with 17” rims, but I’ve got an EFE motor so upgeared  the ratio a bit, and I needed the 17T to get over the swing arm.

I forget what mine is, but I matched up the original final drive ratio, then upped it a bit. I used 530 sprockets......the online JT catalogue shows you what's available in a particular fitting type.

Then I used a 6mm spacer behind the front sprocket and machined 15mm off the GSXR sprocket carrier to get alignment. I've only got a 150 tyre though.