wont idle

hello people.. have a 1977 GS750 which up until today ran like a clock...for some reason my bike today just wont idle.. dies straight away without using the throttle to keep the revs up..its not even attempting to idle...why all of a sudden would this happen... i know its probably something to do with fueling or those mystical mythical hard to understand for people like me carburetors...any carburetor gods out there with this mystical knowledge...thanks anyway

Screenshot_20220410-175542_Photos.jpg

• Like 1

When you hold the throttle on a little, can you 1) get it to idle ok or 2) does it run like shit and refuses to idle? If 1) then Mike 711 is probably right and the idle adjuster has backed off a bit and needs adjusting. If 2) then you probably have cack in your carbs, which has blocked one or more pilot jet (check and clean the tank, tap, lines and filter as well as the carbs).

• Like 1

thanks lads ... i ll try the idle adjuster .. but it seems nice and tight and would nt really back off ... but i hope thats it.... if not ...its probably as ye say and the pilot jets are blocked...time to seek one of those wonderous wizard like carb gurus to do his voodoo shit on my carbs....it starts and drives great and if i hold the throttle slightly open it idles fine...its not the end of the world... thanks again

• Like 1