Ram Air filters

BaveR

I have used ramair foam fiters on a quite few bikes now & found them easier to tune than the K&N or similar, not tried the socks over stock intakes though just the ones that bolt on like any other filter

Anybody got these filters on his bike?

I'm thinking of using these on my 1100Slabby because of the frame. I now got the Original airtubes of the filterbox, is it possible tot put the Ram Air filter (socks) on thes tubes?

a lot of people do it that way, had issues without something inside before.

Leon Moss RIP of LeDAR would only use Ramair filters , using the std airbox rubbers inside the socks or twin pods for Slingshot carbs saves a lot of fabricating bell mouths , that's what I will be doing to my FCR39s inside a pressurised airbox on my RR :)

top bloke 

to right , I so nearly went to work for him when I left the RAF in 1990, he died in a tragic car accident that summer , I used to spend hours in his workshop helping him, I still miss his dry wit all these years later and boy did he know a thing or two about carbs exhausts and as he would call it  the "infernal combustion engine"  :(

Leon Moss RIP of LeDAR would only use Ramair filters , using the std airbox rubbers inside the socks or twin pods for Slingshot carbs saves a lot of fabricating bell mouths , that's what I will be doing to my FCR39s inside a pressurised airbox on my RR :)

You finished that airbox then?

You finished that airbox then?

had the airbox for years but damaged it during an emergency stop in my Transit when everything slid forward , it will be getting sorted soon, tempted to use a big flat panel Pipercross universal sheet filter and make mounts inside the airbox for it , new job on the horizon which will have me at home working for myself so I should have some spare time

no , bodywork is done , just need to finish wiring  the K3 clocks and mount them, make a bracket for the 2nd oil cooler , finish the rear caliper hanger/torque arm but my garage is so full I don't want to risk fitting the bodywork as the paint cost me £900 so it will wait until we move house, hopefully this year, looing for something with a barn or outbuildings ar at least space to build a workshop at least the size of 5 garages .