Interchangeable wiring looms?

Anyone give me a difinitive answer as to if the et / kat looms between the 750-1100 are the same also is the efe loom identical in anyway please (mainly engine side of things, not worried if have to change light plugs etc) 

thanks 

EFE has more stuff on it.

Katana 750/1100 will be identical

GSX 750/1100 will be identical

However, although useable, the GSX differs from the katana a bit (namely, the Katana uses an Oilcooled type fuse box, Katana has electronic rev counter, no fuel sender etc)

Lengths on the lighting differ somewhat also, but not a lot so thats not a major problem

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Joseph said:

Ah, also, the GSX has the dashboard check panel thats merged into the loom quite extensively

Only the 1100 has the check panel (so different instruments!). Also only the 1100 has the self canceling indicators (turn signal control unit).

If I recall correctly, my 750 Katana also did not have the self canceling signals.

Another difference between Katana (and ESD/EFE?) and GSX (ET/EX) looms is the instrument connector(s).

Katanas (sadly) furthermore do not have a gear indicator (only neutral), but the wiring for it is separate from the loom anyway.

Apart from all of this are the country-specific loom versions, probably mostly concerning different lighting regulations.

• Like 1

With that then fellas,

Can the cdi off, say an et 750, run an 1100 motor either the kat, et or even a efe

my experience with oil cooled motors you can get away with such things, so I’m adopting that way of thinking with these also…

Edited by Prime
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, coombehouse said:

A 750et CDI will most likely work on an 1100 & vice versa. An efe won't work on either as I believe the timing advance is controlled electronically whereas the 750/1100 are mechanical. I stand to be corrected though.

You are correct - its called progress LOL!

• Like 1
On 5/24/2022 at 9:26 AM, Joseph said:

EFE has more stuff on it.

Katana 750/1100 will be identical

GSX 750/1100 will be identical

However, although useable, the GSX differs from the katana a bit (namely, the Katana uses an Oilcooled type fuse box, Katana has electronic rev counter, no fuel sender etc)

Lengths on the lighting differ somewhat also, but not a lot so thats not a major problem

almost. the 1100 with the roller crank had its oil pressure switch on the top of the crankcase behind cylinder 4, the 750 has its oil pressure switch on the right side of the engine under the ignition cover, so the cables are slightly longer and some 750's had an oil temp sensor, otherwise theyre the same.
all the gs1000 and 1075 gsx motor looms are pretty similar until you get to the clocks wiring connections. remember the kat has an electronic tacho where the et had a mechanical tacho drive.
but nothing is insurmountable so get the closest you can find and make it work.

• Like 1