Hello! And GS1150E gauge cluster question

IMG_20220514_210140150.thumb.jpg.eda2778d9933c671c56610db211e6793.jpgIMG_20220514_164907150_HDR.thumb.jpg.e6eaed1b8c400c82ab9e673aea864a3c.jpgHi all, I joined a while ago but never posted. I bought a basket case GS1150E and it sat in my garage for a few years. I recently got a spurt of motivation and got it running and riding. Lots to sort out but for now it's cheap transportation to work. 

Gauge cluster is wonky. Someone has been into it before.  Lots of lights going on and off at random. Tach is lazy and floats around and... I'll likely get some flack here...they're ugly haha. 

Im thinking of a GS500 cluster. I like the tidy look of it and they're cable drive. Any reason I couldn't get that to work?  Would the tach use the same type of signal etc?  Speedo cable would likely fit?  Thanks all. Here's my beautiful hot mess.

• 1 month later...

I have inazuma gauges in -82 GSX 1100 E

Just fuel gauge is not working, I guess there is difference in resistances of level sensors between models.

Connecting gauges was quite straight forward job no big issues.

Cant´t be 100% sure that one you looked will work but my guess is that it works

I used a set of gs500 clocks on one of my bikes, run a wire from the coil but it would only read half the revs.

I'm not a wiring expert, I've rewire bikes in the past with no problems but I just could not get them to work right. So I put Some gsxr clocks on just connected the wires and it worked first time.

• Like 1