Cable clutch and lockup ??

Well hallo, 

I have fitted an 1100 coil spring clutch to my 750 and have a cable clutch.

Everything is going good but I'd like a lockup on it.

Has anyone done a lockup with a cable from a 750 actuated on the clutch cover? 

I know I'll need a MTC spacer but it's the longer rack pin I'm not sure about.. 

Is there a longer one out of a different model or do I have to make one? 

Thanks.

4 hours ago, latheboy said:

Thanks @Reinhoud

I've never seen one so didn't think they were made by anyone..

4 hours ago, latheboy said:

Thanks @Reinhoud

I've never seen one so didn't think they were made by anyone..

Seriously? You weren't aware of probably the most used motor in drag racing used a lock up! This is the engine it was first used on. If you need an extended rack for a 750 it's likely to be DIY!

I think he wants a lock-up clutch for an engine based on that from an oil-cooled 750 slingshot but with a clutch basket from a GSXR 1100. The link above is for a clutch kit for an air-cooled engine, which obviously will not fit an oil-cooled engine. If this is incorrect then please ignore :).

• Like 1

I get what the OP wants, it was the errant reference to the GSX engine I found weird! Just because it has a cable clutch operation doesn't mean 'its' extended rack would fit or work. If it was me, i'd use (and I did x2) a hydraulic clutch (for which lock-ups are available) - its not as if you have to be subtle when a turbo is involved!

Making a one off, hardened and ground extended rack for a hybrid 750/1100/cable/lock-up will likely cost what the whole clutch is costing - just sayin'

45 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

I get what the OP wants, it was the errant reference to the GSX engine I found weird! Just because it has a cable clutch operation doesn't mean 'its' extended rack would fit or work. If it was me, i'd use (and I did x2) a hydraulic clutch (for which lock-ups are available) - its not as if you have to be subtle when a turbo is involved!

Making a one off, hardened and ground extended rack for a hybrid 750/1100/cable/lock-up will likely cost what the whole clutch is costing - just sayin'

You are joking right? I'm sorry I'm not up to speed with all the dragbike history to date. 

I have a full machine shop at my disposal and it is a quite simple part to make.

I just wanted to save myself some time and see if anyone had done. 

Thanks anyway mate.

Edited by latheboy
  • 1 month later...