Oil Boiler Blandit 1200/GSXR1100 Eaton Supercharger Setups

Hi all, looking for any information on whether or not anyone has mounted an Eaton M45/M62 unit to their oil boiler and what the setup looks like. Mainly wondering about the physical placement of the unit - engine is currently out of my bike so I can't easily take any measurements. Also wondering about how the supercharger would be driven off of an oil boiler's engine. 

Ultimate goal is a sequentially twin charged engine (twin K04s feeding into an M45/M62) with a goal of 400-450whp. The bike as it sits will probably make it to 350whp on the turbos alone, but needs an extra bit of help for that last 100whp. The current TT setup works very well (so well it lifted the head on a 30psi boost spike), but I'm bored and want to mess with a supercharger. 

I'm a full time student so an S&R blower is cost prohibitive. Mainly looking at using an M62 because they're insanely cheap, especially since I'm in America and the junkyards are full of them. 

pjf6nwerqjd81.jpg

• Like 1

@Paulmhad one mocked up on his GS once upon a time. Might be worth checking his build thread if the pics are still there?

It was mocked up on an aircooled engine but the principles are the same I should think, Ive seen a GSX1400 engine in an EFE with a blower too

Edited by davecara

You might want to check @Blower1project threads. He has an EFE with a M62 blower. Different bike but you might still get some ideas.

I was thinking a bit about your routing plan for the chargers. But looks like feeding the blower by the turbos is pretty much only option with those parts. The M62 can't shift enough air for 400hp from ambient pressure so you have to feed it by pressurized air. Also you probably will need around 2 bar boost to reach over 400hp which is quite much for the K04 turbos if you want to keep them at good efficiency range. So sequential charging makes sense, sort of :P

Just remember to fit an intercooler somewhere too...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Arttu said:

Just remember to fit an intercooler somewhere too...

A BIG one and really it should go between the supercharger and the cylinder head as Eaton chargers are pretty inefficient, so will be taking already hot turbo boosted air and making it hotter! :/

Thanks for the advice and build threads guys! Definitely gives me some ideas to play with. Need to get the engine built and back in the bike and get my hands on an Eaton unit so I can start fabricating. 

The plan is to fit an intercooler between the turbos and the supercharger with a Florida-sized injection of meth after the supercharger. I would like to fit an intercooler after the S/C but space is already severely limited everywhere on this bike, I don't know if it would be feasible. 

• Like 1