I can’t remember anymore if there was any difference in the front ends that came with the blue forks. It wasn’t just an SP thing right? I’ve got a US N model with pretty tired forks and was thinking about seeing if I could find a decent set of the blue anodized ones mainly because I like how they look. Also there are a lot more W forks out there than oil cooled forks at this point. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 9:34 PM, Upshotknothole said:

Yeah, even the blue forks that I've seen on that site are pretty faded at this point and could definitely benefit from being redone. Also any forks I get I plan on having fully rebuilt.

A nice "factory" touch would be to use modern radial USD forks that you have reanodized in the 94 blue, and keeping the stock W rim

Lots of work for something "nobody" would realise you'd done but still (y)

Thats the sort of headache i enjoy giving myself xD

Edited by Joseph
  • Like 1

Honestly the only reason I’d run W forks is because I want to keep the stock gauges. It’s a 750N, that was still oil in the states, but same purple paint job you guys got on the 92 Ws. All my other GSXRs get modern suspension, and I like the idea of doing some GSXR K forks in blue, but this stupid bike I want to keep period correct. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2022 at 7:30 PM, Physician said:

Sorry for the noob question, are early k fork (00 to 03 1000) really better? I though they were similar in design

04+ would obviously allow radial caliper and i think slightly lighter with better damping (not that i would really notice it)

yes, K1 forks are lighter and better internals.. Brake callipers are better and lighter too All round better as are the wheels.