fuel injection on an old skool motor ? who has done it ?

23 minutes ago, coombehouse said:

would say about the same cost as a new set of flatsides but obviously a lot more fiddly bits to make & fit. 

£575 for a brand new set of RS ;)

But the technical feat and adaptability of the FI system is cool

10 minutes ago, Joseph said:

£575 for a brand new set of RS ;)

But the technical feat and adaptability of the FI system is cool

I paid that much 25 years ago!!! I've not seen them that cheap delivered to UK particularly if you get caught for duty & vat. The problem with the efi is that there's always little things to buy & they all add up plus it's addictive so you can't leave it alone. There more you do, the cleaner & neater the installation becomes particularly when you start changing other unrelated things on the bike to make it more user friendly

why would you want to put all that electrictrickery shit on a classic air cooled engine ????????  :/

this is JUST a question before anyone gets on their fucking high horse :/  so does the smallish amount of gain in power/performance out way the expense and hassle of fitting a F.I. system to an old air cooled engine ?  

for me im not looking for big BHP for road use, my old 1100 has enough for me to get about on and helps keep my licence (and life) a bit longer ;)  I'd prefer to spend my money on making the bike look good and ride safer :D  when suzuki started with F.I. i had a bit of a nightmare with early problems with the systems, and fixing a bike with a laptop plugged in is not my idea of fun :( yeah im old school. im also having another nightmare with the F'I' on my fecking car !!!!!!  

yes I know when its working its better than carbs but when its not it can be a twat to fix.   BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez Tony,

remember you started this high horse opinion shit with your first constructive post above.

Gixxer1460/Arttu and the convict down under have all been giving constructive advice/links here and elsewhere on the forum.

Lets not deviate highjack away from Busa ash question/ thread.

another helping of bread and water.... yes please.

Edited by GSX1100dreamn
  • Like 2

Like you my bike my bike is 1260 standard and am always looking to tinker and not necessarily looking for big HP. 

But pretty my bike was never going to be, so it can all be done but unlike mine actually put time in aesthetics as well as function.

So my purpose of EFI was I like it and I was looking to improve the start/rideability of my commuter bike.

I have gained no performance and if anything it subdued the low down acceleration on the 38 c.v. but made the overall engine performance turbine smooth.

I like to come out in the morning and be able to do this while I get ready.

And while I dont like to rev the engine when cold this just shows that smooth rideabililty is available from the get go.

Anyways cheers Andrew.

Edited by GSX1100dreamn
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...