Modern Levers from Eblag

Any of the Chinese stuff looks good when new. It's after you use it the problems arise. Bolts up lovely and feels just like o.e.m. Then as the weeks go by, the cheap soft metal starts to wear and the levers get notchy and their pivot points wear away till they feel awful to use. 

Last chinky levers I took off a master cylinder, I had to cut off the pivot bolt as it has fused/seized  to the lever. 

I'd be sticking with o.e.m. or take the hit and buy a main brand known for quality.

• Like 3

Sometimes, you just got to know! "...and knowing is half the battle!" I've had bad experiences with name brand levers too. eg. motion pro, brake master  I'm sure some were my fault and some may have been manufacturer differences and quality control.

None of the aftermarket stuff for old bikes is being made in USA, Japan, Germany, or UK. So, I had to check them for myself. There are some top quality stuff being made that will fit for top prices by bigger name brands. Just have to cross reference fitment. Like I believe some of the SV's fit our bikes.

• Like 1