GSX1100ET Rearsets

1 hour ago, wraith said:

Think they did do them for the et but like lots of things you can only get second hand ones, if they come up as they don't make/stock them anymore.

So it's a case of getting something you like and making hanger plates for them.

i thought that might have been the case. Ill keep an eye out to see if i find anything on fleabay.

One thing to bear in mind with rear sets on an ET, you may need to change or alter the seat unless you have child bearing hips. O.o Unlike a Kat the ET seat is very wide and if you're sat on it for a 'normal' journey then the position your thighs end up in using rear sets is very uncomfortable. 

You don't notice it if you're climbing from side to side going round a track.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, imago said:

One thing to bear in mind with rear sets on an ET, you may need to change or alter the seat unless you have child bearing hips. O.o Unlike a Kat the ET seat is very wide and if you're sat on it for a 'normal' journey then the position your thighs end up in using rear sets is very uncomfortable. 

You don't notice it if you're climbing from side to side going round a track.

Very good point! i didn't really consider that. On the plus side, i do have the seat torn down at the moment as im getting the base repaired and touched up and i was thinking about trimming the foam down a bit to lose some of the "square" profile and edges of it.

Appreciate that heads up, I overlooked that!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, TonyGee said:

that one thing a like about my ET, the seat is one of the comfiest seats ive sat on.  just right for my aging botty :$ :D 

Agreed, I haven't sat on a bike seat that's as comfy on a run as an ET. One of the spare seats I have has been cut thinner to cater for shorter legs. Even that's comfy, just too low for me. 

5 hours ago, MMorgan said:

Nice! Did you make those?

Made the hanger plates but got the foot hangers off the bay, you can get different styles for different bikes, say sv650 new from China for about £50 or other models for up to £150 depending on what style you like.

(they are good quality, as I've get a set on my gsx1100f project)

• Like 1