ET Colour choice.

imago

20 minutes ago, Paulm said:

I'm sure I saw Green and Brown on a ET year chart when I was looking at colours for mine,I could be mistaken though,I is oldO.o

It's given me an idea though. I'm going to have to see if I can get a mock up, but I was thinking take the colours from the green and gold striped silver bike scheme. Paint the bike green and use silver and gold for the striping.

10 minutes ago, imago said:

It's given me an idea though. I'm going to have to see if I can get a mock up, but I was thinking take the colours from the green and gold striped silver bike scheme. Paint the bike green and use silver and gold for the striping.

I like the sound of that.

oh lots of paint stripper, many hours sanding, filling , prep, etch primer, adhesion promotor for plastics, then primer,   silver, marbeliser, black, white and many coats of candy red paint, with a few rolls of fineline thrown in for good measure. and 4 or 5 coats of clear and lots of blocking.

but it was worth it, i treated her to new tank badges too, because...........because shes worth it. 

i even did a small tank in the same scheme, no idea why, other than, because it was there

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, baldrick said:

oh lots of paint stripper, many hours sanding, filling , prep, etch primer, adhesion promotor for plastics, then primer,   silver, marbeliser, black, white and many coats of candy red paint, with a few rolls of fineline thrown in for good measure. and 4 or 5 coats of clear and lots of blocking.

but it was worth it, i treated her to new tank badges too, because...........because shes worth it. 

i even did a small tank in the same scheme, no idea why, other than, because it was there

feck me thats a lot of prep !!!!!!!!!  the bit I dont like about painting O.o  probably because im crap at it  :/  

Ive been putting off doing the tank on my GS !!! but I might have another tank lined up ??????   

im half way through stripping 5 gsxr tanks, kinda losing the will to live. ive prepped 2 slabby ones, a 11 and 750, properly, underneath too......

one of the others has been primed with some green coloured primer/filler which the normally lethal paint stripper is struggling to get through, ive christened it......."that c*nting tank"  wish i had a shot blaster....

FML...

Edited by baldrick
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, baldrick said:

im half way through stripping 5 gsxr tanks, kinda losing the will to live. ive prepped 2 slabby ones, a 11 and 750, properly, underneath too......

one of the others has been primed with some green coloured primer/filler which the normally lethal paint stripper is struggling to get through, ive christened it......."that c*nting tank"  wish i had a shot blaster....

FML...

your a better man than me, I just don't have the patience ;) 

• Like 2