ET Colour choice.

imago

Just after opinions on colour choice for the two remaining ET builds. After the pondering for the last one I have black with blue stripes so I'm thinking black with orage and red for the other restoration. Then it's a choice of silver or stone with the green and gold stripes for the other? Any thoughts?

Red is a definite no, I really don't like red bikes generally and it's the worst colour for an ET IMHO. Blue was a contender, but I think the silver/stone options were nicer even if they weren't offered on UK bikes.

4 hours ago, imago said:

That's cracking. I really like yellow bikes but I've never owned one, but it doesn't fit with where I'm going with these.

Not mine, customer's bike. It's fluorescent yellow, I'm trying to flat a clear coat down on it at the mo, It's hurting my eyes...

IMG-20220415-WA0014.thumb.jpg.ed9cca15985992941065564057f47cbe.jpg

Edited by Havoc
  • Like 3
48 minutes ago, Havoc said:

Not mine, customer's bike. It's fluorescent yellow, I'm trying to flat a clear coat down on it at the mo, It's hurting my eyes...

IMG-20220415-WA0014.thumb.jpg.ed9cca15985992941065564057f47cbe.jpg

I'm sure it is, but that's a small price to pay for having the big shiny thing back in the sky. (y) Plus a colour like that will get noticed and commented on a lot "who did the paint?" so it's probably a better advert than a stock colour. 

If I remember correctly there was a green one and a brown one as well as the other colours,everyone does the black and blue thing which is why mine was never that colour,personally I like the silver and blue stripes the best,follower by the black with red/orange,which is why mine was in those two colour schemes. I like the red one with black stripes in this thread as well.

• Like 1