Scavang Tank

I suppose it depends on how efficient the pump is and what turbo bearings are fitted!  A average pump and ball bearing cartridge will be running mostly dry due to low flow requirements, whilst a good pump and trad. plain bearings having lots of oil flow could drain the sump and, without a vent, try to suck oil from the turbo bearings. Maybe unlikely, but the addition of a vent breaks that suction risk I guess?

• Like 1

I was also told that with the breather it can drain after the engine is turned off. With my electronic pump when I turn the ignition on I just wait until I hear it clicking then I know its cleared itself then press the go button. I havet had a tank on my 3 turbo bikes I just had a big pipe going into a smaller pipe which in my head is the same as a tank. O.o

Got to say Clive thats looks awful.

At end of day the scavenge tank needs to be big enough for when you shutdown as there is still pressure in the system that pushes into turbo for quite some time. I used check valve on flow pipe and along with sump stopped any smoking on start up.

I'm totally impressed with my home made mechanical pump too.

Happy days.

Edited by jonny1bump