Oil sump with front mounts for oil cooler lines

TiZiK

Which sump should I look for that has the oil cooler lines connections on the front rather than the bottom. 
Its for a 1052 engine. 

Currently they connect on the bottom of the original 1052 sump but I am planning on lowering the bike and I don’t like the idea of oil lines being the lowest point. 

Tia

Depending on what exhaust you use and its clearance, slingshot 11, bandit 12 are front mounting. Just make sure you get the oil pick ups for whatever sump you do use. And possibly the oil strainer too as some are round and other are oval depending on sump profile.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Depending on what exhaust you use and its clearance, slingshot 11, bandit 12 are front mounting. Just make sure you get the oil pick ups for whatever sump you do use. And possibly the oil strainer too as some are round and other are oval depending on sump profile.

Thanks Jaydee. Engine has turbo so no exhaust to contend with. 
Anything special to do with the oil pressure relief valve in the 1052 oil pan? The one with a spring and a cup that’s a bypass for the cooler. 
Does it have to be swapped over to new pan?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, TiZiK said:

Thanks Jaydee. Engine has turbo so no exhaust to contend with. 
Anything special to do with the oil pressure relief valve in the 1052 oil pan? The one with a spring and a cup that’s a bypass for the cooler. 
Does it have to be swapped over to new pan?

Most of the time the oil pressure relief valve comes fitted in the new sump. If it missing, just swap over as the part number is the same for bandit 12, slabby and slingshot 11.

your 1052 sump will be the best option for setting the bike low......the left rear ( where the pick up sits) is the lowest point )  the banjo bolts sit slightly recessed in relation to the sump pick up . Bandit 12  , gsxr 1100 and gsxf1100 are all taller sumps compared to the 1052....so no gain there ...... in all configurations....the lowest point of all the sumps will be the drain plug . top pic is gsxf1100 …. bottom pic is 1052

ED468E1E-187D-45A5-9B02-F2A842154E43.jpeg

BBE89C60-7949-458D-82EF-C86BD578B57F.jpeg

Edited by no class
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, no class said:

your 1052 sump will be the best option for setting the bike low......the left rear ( where the pick up sits) is the lowest point )  the banjo bolts sit slightly recessed in relation to the sump pick up . Bandit 12  , gsxr 1100 and gsxf1100 are all taller sumps compared to the 1052....so no gain there ...... in all configurations....the lowest point of all the sumps will be the drain plug . top pic is gsxf1100 …. bottom pic is 1052

ED468E1E-187D-45A5-9B02-F2A842154E43.jpeg

BBE89C60-7949-458D-82EF-C86BD578B57F.jpeg

@no classValid Point. I am out of town for work at the moment so will have to take a look and think it through a bit more when I get home.

Cheers fellas

The slabby sump has the capacity to switch the right side cooler fitting (when sitting on the bike) to the side of the sump by removing the blanking plug and switching. You can use either banjos or whatever fittings you have to get the cooler pipes in close. Whatever sump you choose, I agree that the cooler fittings are not going to be the lowest point. I recently had an exhaust made. It needed to come in really close to fit inside the fairing. The bloke that did it ended up using a Blandit sump as it has a space so the pipes can be tucked right up. This was a better option than both slabby and slingshot sumps, as I provided all three to try.

• Like 4
On 3/30/2022 at 2:57 PM, Dezza said:

The slabby sump has the capacity to switch the right side cooler fitting (when sitting on the bike) to the side of the sump by removing the blanking plug and switching. You can use either banjos or whatever fittings you have to get the cooler pipes in close. Whatever sump you choose, I agree that the cooler fittings are not going to be the lowest point. I recently had an exhaust made. It needed to come in really close to fit inside the fairing. The bloke that did it ended up using a Blandit sump as it has a space so the pipes can be tucked right up. This was a better option than both slabby and slingshot sumps, as I provided all three to try.

What Dezza said....i did the same research. But since ur not running an exhaust it will come down to preference i guess