Q/A throttle

Nutter.

I have a Domino throttle on my 1100L. It came with 3 throttle reels to choose from. One is stock, another is quick action and the last is cam profiled for a more aggressive low down response (like an R6 throttle). The kit came with the push pull cables ready to cut to size. You'll only need the pull cable with the 750M carbs.

Motion-Pro also do a similar design throttle with a few reels to choose from and push pull cables to be made to size too.

5 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Talking of Domino QA, any idea why this one i got second hand fits like this (as in, doesn't fit) ?

Tube is 22, QA measures at 22

IMG_20220326_130830.thumb.jpg.8fb32028bbf6170cc782cc4f72815ce1.jpg

When you say doesn't fit, do you mean it won't clamp tight to the bar or is it a case of something fowling bringing the two halves of the throttle housing together properly?

1 hour ago, Jaydee said:

I have a Domino throttle on my 1100L. It came with 3 throttle reels to choose from. One is stock, another is quick action and the last is cam profiled for a more aggressive low down response (like an R6 throttle). The kit came with the push pull cables ready to cut to size. You'll only need the pull cable with the 750M carbs.

Motion-Pro also do a similar design throttle with a few reels to choose from and push pull cables to be made to size too.

Were did you buy it from 

42 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Yep its as if the QA body is too small in diameter compared to the bar, i'm guessing there must be something not right with the bits combo i have at hand

Being second hand, chances are it's something cobbled together out of a mismatch of parts to turn a quick buck. 

• Like 1

I see what you mean but looks like both halves match properly off the bar, it's only 2 bits of alloy and a plastic tube, and unless Domino fabricates with very iffy tolerances they must be able to have consistency in what they make ? 

Can't see any traces of dings or deformation either 

4 minutes ago, Joseph said:

I see what you mean but looks like both halves match properly off the bar, it's only 2 bits of alloy and a plastic tube, and unless Domino fabricates with very iffy tolerances they must be able to have consistency in what they make ? 

Can't see any traces of dings or deformation either 

Domino throttles are a premium product used by World class racers and teams. Very smooth function.

Probably an incompatible throttle grip in your Domino housing.

8 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Domino throttles are a premium product used by World class racers and teams. Very smooth function.

Probably an incompatible throttle grip in your Domino housing.

The thing fits together and works fine off the bike. And indeed it does have a nice feel (10 times better than the Motion Pro bullshit on my 11)

If i manage to work it out i'll post about it :D

• Like 1