38mm RS jetting

buff

Ive just picked up a new set of 38's running on a bog standard 1200 bandit engine, bike pulls well up until 4,500 revs then kind of bogs down a bit. If i pull the choke out its starts pulling again. Standard jets are 135, worth raising the needles or just stick in the 140 mains ?

I'll give them another check tomorrow, Ive put 140's in today. Its pulling better over 4,500 revs picking up nicely. But still a little rough just below this. Ive raised the needles a notch this evening. Next time carbs come off I'll check the float height :tu

Gave it a run earlier, if anything raising the needles has made it worse higher up the rev range. Still a bit hesitant low down, but if I pull the choke out slightly it smooths out. Checking the floats heights in a while and give the mixture screws a tweak

Float heights were all spot on, mixture screws were only 3/4 turn out. So Ive set them at 1 turn. I'm sure way back when I was running 36's it was 1.5 turns out, but that was with an 1170/1260.  Not tinkering with this stuff for ten years means Ive forgotten a little :(

On 3/29/2022 at 7:00 AM, buff said:

This evening ride was a different experience. Pulled all the way cleanly from low down, maybe I’ll drop the needles a notch looking a bit rich 

AF409006-3050-443A-A3F4-28230270DC42.jpeg

that plug looks good ,you are better off on the rich side of a tune than lean. 

2 hours ago, buff said:

Dropped the needles a notch this evening, not so smooth and missing a bit. So back to the middle clip again.

Do you have a shim washer for going under the E-clip so you can get half settings between notches? Helps with the fine tuning when you're almost there.;)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, buff said:

Dropped the needles a notch this evening, not so smooth and missing a bit. So back to the middle clip again.

After you dropped the needles maybe you should've brought your acc pump in earlier then maybe quarter turn increments of the pilot to see if that affect sub 4500rpm. Either or, or a combination of both

• Like 1