Titanium or Stainless - GSXR 750l headers

Digs

Hi,

Just hoping to get some thoughts, I’ve got a gsxr 750l engine I need headers for and can’t decide wether to go stainless or titanium!? 

I’ve got no experience cleaning up or working with titanium but the weight saving - while minor - will definitely keep with the weight reduction theme.

so question is:

gsxr 1000 k1-k4 titanium headers 

Blandit 1200-600 stainless headers 

Or fairly mad looking 4into 2 Stainless set for slab side on eblag? 

any thought or opinions would be very much appreciated! 

Edited by Digs

if you are refering to the oem b12 headers … keep in mind they are twin wall pipes…. heavy and are restrictive . … Have not cut a b6 one to see but the odds are that they are also twin wall . just an example here…I weighed a hindle 4-2-1 stainless system yesterday and they are light ….. 

D1584F28-5E29-4C2B-ACEE-6A58649B08DA.jpeg

4C4CB8AD-81C5-49EC-AC24-9B7859BF4818.jpeg

• Like 6
3 hours ago, wraith said:

Must say, that's the sort of thing I was riding and building years back :D but yes the exhaust is much lower than on a 1127 engine.

It was not an option for me. Could not bend it myself so got another exhaust stainless steel 

• Like 1

Any decent stainless system in complete mode is around 7 kilos indeed, a stock twin can system for an 1100 must easily be around 15 ?

Ti system at most peoples build level requirements you may not feel or need the difference for a bike used for commute trips but fitting racey bits to a sportsbike always feels good xD 

My K1 header i won on eFag germany for 12€90 so that helped make a choice xD