Fired up the Yoshi......

After a 3-4 very slow turn overs it fired into life with fresh fuel in. Not ran since last Sept while zorst was re-made. Well happy it just fired up. 

Although the turn over struggle is an ongoing thing? Battery is a Motobatt, & only 6 months old on trickle over winter. The starter has been disassembled & cleaned & looks ok. The earth lead looks good too. Any other ideas peeps?

11291785_10153227037230733_1882327788_n.jpg

• Like 3

Battery is a Motobatt, & only 6 months old on trickle over winter..

Try another (known good) battery just to rule failure of the Motobatt out.. (I don't understand why people put trickle chargers on AGM batteries.. They don't need them, and are likely to do more harm than good..)

Try another (known good) battery just to rule failure of the Motobatt out.. (I don't understand why people put trickle chargers on AGM batteries.. They don't need them, and are likely to do more harm than good..)

I had same problem with my Gs1085s,cured with a new Yuasa stock battery and it was £20s cheaper ,didn't return battery because the postage was a fortune motobatt just died and would not recharge.
the yuasa battery spins the engine over a lot faster....

Jump start from a running car would rule out battery issue entirely.

Have you tried a different starter on there?

High resistance across starter solenoid could be checked with a meter easy enough?

Has the head been skimmed or anything that would increase compression causing the issue?

How do from Sunny south coast BTW cockneyrick! long time no see, I used to be rustykat and you stayed at my flat to watch the footy down south! ;)

Had the same problem over spring on my GS1000, the battry was 6 mouths old and the bike was used over winter but in spring the bike was getting slower and slower to start tryed all the bits out like you, ended up putting a new battery on it and it now spins over nice and fast and starts first time.

So I'd try a new battery.

Ps are they your tits on your avatar??!

I heard a rumour that they are but he only ever wears them on a weekend.

Rik, I have nothing constructive to say about your electrical issue other than have you spoken to Tony about it?

Edited by gray711
  • Like 1