paint.....standard or custom

baldrick

quick question. ive a slingshot 750L and its almost ready for paint...

now im not keeping this, im gonna flip it, so am thinking ill get a better price if i put it back to standard paint?

or would i?

so choices are  as follows, im leaning toward standard colours, because if i do something custom i'll want to keep it, and ive got allready got 3 1100s.. so you lot can decide, remember, most return ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

blues/white std

black silver std.

pepsi

skoal

minolta

HB

other suggestion

whats the most desirable combination?

cheers

thanks for the feedback. 

Think ill go standard colours, blue and white being most popular.

My favourite standard scheme is undoubtedly the 1100L blue white, but this is just a little seven fifty, so the 3 blues, with proper decals. if i was keeping it id use pearls and metallics but standard is the winner.

Still need to finish stripping the tank....took them to the powder coater who said he could blast them, but he didnt have the right media, apparently, so he gave them back....bah....and the aqua blast man wants too much money (50 a tank, pfffttt, hes obviously never heard of my legendary tightness, ive got 5 to do)

1990-Suzuki-GSX-R750a.jpg

• Like 2

ill happily take the sheeps cash............

i used to really love the black n silver scheme too, but blue white is traditional gsxr colours, the only issues i have with doing the blue white is that my seats are black, not blue. 

But in the real world im sure no one will be bothered if the seats are black, will they?

the only problem will probably be getting me to sell it once its done

• Like 3

I didn't like any of the coloured seats as they always looked dirty.

The gsxr slabside and slingshot are getting to that age now where you are starting to get the annoraks that the bike has to be more than standard as it did when it came out of the factory O.o

Seen some of the said people at shows having a argument about whether a stamp/sticker is 5mm out of place. These people need to get a life xD

• Like 4
2 hours ago, wraith said:

I didn't like any of the coloured seats as they always looked dirty.

The gsxr slabside and slingshot are getting to that age now where you are starting to get the annoraks that the bike has to be more than standard as it did when it came out of the factory O.o

Seen some of the said people at shows having a argument about whether a stamp/sticker is 5mm out of place. These people need to get a life xD

They get one of these when they join the SOC. Makes counting rivets easier when arguing over the finish of OEM fastners between different model years :)

tally.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

well, tectonic plates move faster, but a bit of progress.

these felt like they tookforever to prep, on had some green coloured primer, which was an utter c*nt to get off, presumably an etch of some sort. .

these went back to metal, and ive almost prepped 2 slabby tanks too. they will get done tomorrow, if the weather holds

1100.JPG

Edited by baldrick
  • Like 2
On 3/11/2022 at 8:22 PM, baldrick said:

thanks for the feedback. 

Think ill go standard colours, blue and white being most popular.

My favourite standard scheme is undoubtedly the 1100L blue white, but this is just a little seven fifty, so the 3 blues, with proper decals. if i was keeping it id use pearls and metallics but standard is the winner.

Still need to finish stripping the tank....took them to the powder coater who said he could blast them, but he didnt have the right media, apparently, so he gave them back....bah....and the aqua blast man wants too much money (50 a tank, pfffttt, hes obviously never heard of my legendary tightness, ive got 5 to do)

1990-Suzuki-GSX-R750a.jpg

I was once told that the best colour to paint any bike (for selling) is the colour they used in the ads. That's the one everyone remembers and wants. Same for cars. (y)

yeah, im doing 1100L in blue white, 750 in white with the blue stripes. 

i found a couple more slabby tanks that needed done, 750 flat top tank and a 1100 humper.

ive got my busa streetfighter to do too, but waiting till subframes done etc and everythings trial fitted etc. . its gonna be a bit more custom, should be nice, pearlescant white, and candy blue and red, im looking forward to doing it tbh.

1102.JPG

Edited by baldrick
  • Like 3