Brembo calipers on Hayabusa ID

Hi,

I have been looking to upgrade my Tokico 6-pots to Brembos but have never seen a set that bolt straight on, until I saw this picture, from a Busa on Eblag.

The seller was a dealer and they were on the bike when he took it in as a p/x.

Anyone know what they are off? I didn't think Brembo every made calipers with this spacing?

Jon

Screenshot 2022-03-06 at 10.37.45.png

6 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

yes they look like Nissin 4-pots (Slingshot, Mk1 B12, etc.) with fancy paint and name.

Yeah I was thinking the same. It reminds me of that strange rebranding practice I've seen offered where you can have your slingshot forks gold nitrated and anodised to give the impression they're Ohlins.:L

10 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

yes they look like Nissin 4-pots (Slingshot, Mk1 B12, etc.) with fancy paint and name.

But on those Nissin 4-pots all the pistons are the are the same size. On this photo the lower ones are smaller.

23 hours ago, Jonny said:

Most 'Dealers' know fuck all about the bikes they sell - if the brakes work is all they care about!

As long as they don't say or describe them as Brembo's - get out of jail free - 'Caveat Emptor' applies - Buyer Beware!

12 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Yeah I was thinking the same. It reminds me of that strange rebranding practice I've seen offered where you can have your slingshot forks gold nitrated and anodised to give the impression they're Ohlins.:L

We all know a "go faster" sticker is worth another 10bhp. :banana:

They look like a pair of tarted up Nissin calipers to me. What's more, they've made them worse by machining off the strengthening ribs. Doh !!

15 hours ago, Jaydee said:

I resent that remark! - these were done 12-15 years ago and they weren't f**king cheap!

IMG_0006.JPG

• Like 2
On 3/6/2022 at 10:44 AM, Jonny said:

Hi,

I have been looking to upgrade my Tokico 6-pots to Brembos but have never seen a set that bolt straight on, until I saw this picture, from a Busa on Eblag.

Anyone know what they are off? I didn't think Brembo every made calipers with this spacing?

Jon

Screenshot 2022-03-06 at 10.37.45.png

not brembo , zx7rr iirc toccico  90mm spacing