EFE exhaust question

I'm looking for a new exhaust for my efe, have ran a set of cobra headers with mtc can for years, like the look of the motogpwerks systems but I know they're hard to come by, I'd love a racefit legend but the costs a bit scary.

What are you using and if someone has either of the two mentioned your opinion would be much appreciated. 

On my EFE engined bike I use stainless downpipes and collector from Exhaustcraft, up in Cumbria, with a bespoke stainless link/can. All is made to replicate an old Harris system, and it uses an ancient Harris baffle. I would use this set up again. Alternatively, I recently had for an oilcooled bike a bespoke set of 4-2-1 stainless downpipes and link made by NRP Exhausts, Ollerton, Notts. His work is really good and is one of the very few people I have ever dealt with that charges LESS than expected :). When I need a new system I would definitely use him again.

I’ll echo @Dezzacomments on NRP they are proper old skool you even get a cuppa when you visit,made my link pipes for the Killa K I rode there on a Saturday morning he made and fitted the pipes while I waited and will be making a full race system for my slabbie race bike Nigel is a top bloke and decent racer as well.

Hes much cheaper than you’d expect but less money doesn’t mean less quality, he was making a full system for an XR69 when I last visited.

Edited by Simbec1863
14 minutes ago, Dezza said:

On my EFE engined bike I use stainless downpipes and collector from Exhaustcraft, up in Cumbria, with a bespoke stainless link/can. All is made to replicate an old Harris system, and it uses an ancient Harris baffle. I would use this set up again. Alternatively, I recently had for an oilcooled bike a bespoke set of 4-2-1 stainless downpipes and link made by NRP Exhausts, Ollerton, Notts. His work is really good and is one of the very few people I have ever dealt with that charges LESS than expected :). When I need a new system I would definitely use him again.

I'm up in Cumbria so will look him up, thanks.

Edited by Bubba1135
Added text
2 hours ago, Simbec1863 said:

I’ll echo @Dezzacomments on NRP they are proper old skool you even get a cuppa when you visit,made my link pipes for the Killa K I rode there on a Saturday morning he made and fitted the pipes while I waited and will be making a full race system for my slabbie race bike Nigel is a top bloke and decent racer as well.

Hes much cheaper than you’d expect but less money doesn’t mean less quality, he was making a full system for an XR69 when I last visited.

Yep, I actually took my Harris pipes to him last summer to have spring loops welded on, mainly to make fitting and removal of the system easier. He welded on 10 loops, gave me a load of brand new stainless exhaust springs, a cup of tea, and still only charged me 20 quid all in. Top bloke (y)

• Like 3

I used a black enamel stoved 4 in 1 down pipes plus the  flat collector  from Sebring on my EFE. After the collector is was all custom. 

Mine was originally designed for a GS1000 so i had to shave some of the cooling ribs of the oil pan for a good fit. Ran very good on it plus it fitted nice and tight. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 8:13 AM, Bubba1135 said:

I'm looking for a new exhaust for my efe, have ran a set of cobra headers with mtc can for years, like the look of the motogpwerks systems but I know they're hard to come by, I'd love a racefit legend but the costs a bit scary.

What are you using and if someone has either of the two mentioned your opinion would be much appreciated. 

Can you post a picture of the mtc can, would like to have a look