harris magnum 2 gs1000 busa ash

busa ash

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/03/2016 at 9:26 AM, busa ash said:

ok so paintwork has gone to be painted , design has been discussed hopefully should be done for april :ph34r:

who does your paint? Mine went off to paint in March with a "it will be done by Xmas". That was 2015 and it's still not back. Everytime i chase it I get "I'm just finishing the graphics and top coating". Does it really take 4 months to lacquer?

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

my painter has explained how bad the old red painted fairing and bodywork  was and 80s fiberglass is a nightmare to work with.but i am more than happy :tu

i have got the bodywork back , its being left for a week too harden as you cant dry 80s fiberglass in ovan or any water trapped in the layers of fibre  explodes the glass 

its a colour called artic white its the brightest white thats a single stage colour , i wanted a single colour as the 80s didnt do 3 stage paint , undercoat  pear paint and top clearcoat , the decals i have will add the small amount of colour i want,

too keep the 80s look that i want  simple :ph34r:.the other harris will be a touch more in out there 

20160427_142134_zpspixeph6g.jpg~original

20160427_141902_zps1yjtog3w.jpg~original

20160427_141846_zps7ossepys.jpg~original

20160427_141833_zps9ylsfaeh.jpg~original

20160427_141826_zpsy51ympdw.jpg~original

Edited by busa ash
no pics
  • Like 5

The paint looks like a nice job. Were any fibre glass repairs needed? Often the fairings get cut about by various previous owners. I also hope your tank is good. It is not uncommon for alloy tanks to start weeping from a seam when they have not been used for a few years. If it's been in constant use though it should be OK.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dezza said:

It looks good with so many original parts on it from what was clearly built first with a more than basic frame kit, e.g. it has Harris yokes. It's nice to see the original rearsets in such good condition too. Do you have the Harris 4 into 1 for it?

yes i have the original harris exhaust ,two sets of original rearsetsets .

exhaust is the mild steel not chromed  as it was an option . the forks are upgrade marozochi ,with  brembo calipers 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, vizman said:

sooper kool and ol'skool...great colour scheme/choice ash.....

...dig out your ice wash denim, frank thomas paddock  booties, and marlboro jacket and wipe your topteks bob heath visor.......you're good to go! 

thanks vizman , it had too be old skool theme on this , classic and simple but cant wait for my pal too fit these decals :banana::tu

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Not much has happened as few builds on the go but at least the paint will be hard so having the decals fitted wont be as big a worry . Need to grab a chain and sprockets think 630 was the size back in the day  . Who was the guy on the old site that sourced chains etc was it richard ?