Gsxr fuel tap flow/flatslides

I have no dramas with my original fuel tap on my FCR39 track bike, its a 91 model tank and tap.

i switch it to prime and run both fuel lines to the carbs and the vacuum hose to the number 4 intake rubber.

I have no problems at all on track with fuel starvation. but will depend on the fuel tap, they did change on some models

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

I have no dramas with my original fuel tap on my FCR39 track bike, its a 91 model tank and tap.

i switch it to prime and run both fuel lines to the carbs and the vacuum hose to the number 4 intake rubber.

I have no problems at all on track with fuel starvation. but will depend on the fuel tap, they did change on some models

Here’s my fuel tap, so do I run 2 hoses from the tap to the 1  hose from the flatslides plus I don’t have a vacuum spout on inlet rubber 4 ??

cheers

E1F05C99-F270-4113-A2DA-50A0420F5AA1.jpeg

3B25CEC3-FA9F-467B-AE36-C619A90FCFAE.jpeg

8 minutes ago, carlinmidarlin said:

Here’s my fuel tap, so do I run 2 hoses from the tap to the 1  hose from the flatslides plus I don’t have a vacuum spout on inlet rubber 4 ??

That's odd as all the RS flatslides i've ever seen have two inlets one between 1 & 2 and another between 3 & 4! Can be clearly seen in the manual / parts breakdown.

Also odd not to have a vacuum port on at least one of the rubbers!

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

That's odd as all the RS flatslides i've ever seen have two inlets one between 1 & 2 and another between 3 & 4! Can be clearly seen in the manual / parts breakdown.

Also odd not to have a vacuum port on at least one of the rubbers!

Is this bit wrong and I should do the 2 hoses from the tap to what you have said

CE63A436-6F3A-4FD1-9863-A735E7468110.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Its not wrong but it would be 'better' if the tap has two outlets to use them to feed the two inlets.

What about the rubber not having a vacuum  take off, the std 12 bandit carbs that were on the bike had 1 outlet blanked off from the tap and I’m sure the vacuum pipe came off the top off the carbs, the bike has always run on 3 and a bit cylinders until warmed up

cheers

On 2/16/2022 at 8:19 PM, Kamikaze said:

i found that if you continuously turn the oem tap to prime, the internal cast mechanism that enables it to open, is flimsy cast alloy and eventually wears out and fuel doesn't flow. I also believe in prime, it doesn't flow at full volume. When you turn it, there's a slight internal ramp that opens the valve. You will notice the lever very slightly depresses. This happened to two of my oem taps so far. Pingel only for track bike now

2 hours ago, george 1100 said:

i found that if you continuously turn the oem tap to prime, the internal cast mechanism that enables it to open, is flimsy cast alloy and eventually wears out and fuel doesn't flow. I also believe in prime, it doesn't flow at full volume. When you turn it, there's a slight internal ramp that opens the valve. You will notice the lever very slightly depresses. This happened to two of my oem taps so far. Pingel only for track bike now

Yep very true....i used it cause i was skint and couldnt be arsed with it. but im in the process of changing it over to a pingel now. and relocating the fcuker to the rear of the tank....i hate it in the original position for racing purposes.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...