Ef 1100 carbs

The b12 carbs are lighter than the ef carbs also the b12 have a much bigger air intake side, so much more air.

I know on my old gs1000 (1100cc kit) had b12 carbs and always seemed as if at full throttle it was sucking more air than it could use, no matter what main jet was in there.

14 hours ago, wraith said:

The b12 carbs are lighter than the ef carbs also the b12 have a much bigger air intake side, so much more air.

I know on my old gs1000 (1100cc kit) had b12 carbs and always seemed as if at full throttle it was sucking more air than it could use, no matter what main jet was in there.

Probably very true! Just cos you give an engine a bigger mouth it'll have a correspondingly bigger venturi. That needs a higher airspeed over it to induce low pressure to draw the fuel up . . . . you can increase the MJ to the moon and it'll issue very little more fuel. Suzuki San used 29mm slide and 34mm CV carbs for a reason - good gas speed at majority of operating range. If racing and long periods at high rpm then larger bore carbs can work but they'll have pants midrange!

• Like 1

I find that the BS36 EFE carbs with ledar kit and S & B filters work well on my EFE engined bikeO.o. As far as I am aware, the BS36s used on the EFE were the biggest OEM carbs used on any stock aircooled Jap four. They have the added bonus of being pretty compact (as are slabby BST34s). The larger BSTs are taller so may present clearance problems in some applications.