head work

skunkworks

Dear I ask why you want bigger valves in a DOT head?

Are you looking at putting on the 1127cc motor? 

You only need bigger valves if you're going for a big bore +1216cc the DOT head already has the same size valves as the 1127 motors and if you're going for a big bore you can get higher compression with the big bore.

Getting a head ported is always worth doing.

I don't know what your engine building is like but put bigger valves with a different compression head, you will also need slotted cam sprockets so you get the valve timing right and not hit one of them nice valves you just had put in.

2 hours ago, wraith said:

Dear I ask why you want bigger valves in a DOT head?

Are you looking at putting on the 1127cc motor? 

You only need bigger valves if you're going for a big bore +1216cc the DOT head already has the same size valves as the 1127 motors and if you're going for a big bore you can get higher compression with the big bore.

Getting a head ported is always worth doing.

I don't know what your engine building is like but put bigger valves with a different compression head, you will also need slotted cam sprockets so you get the valve timing right and not hit one of them nice valves you just had put in.

ok thanks wraith .no big valves. the head looks like it needs to be freshened up. should I have it ported or just clean it up and use as is?

I was lucky enough back in my day to come across a guy who did real head work.  He was nearly illiterate but was a mechanical genius, his head work in most cases was conservative high velocity stuff with blended seats and three angle valve jobs.  He did an early kwak 4 valve watercooler 1984 900 gpz, picked it up tremendously.  + at least 1 or 2 maybe more for good headwork

• Like 1