It was like seeing a ghost

CSP2324

5 hours ago, Havoc said:
On 1/24/2022 at 6:25 AM, CSP2324 said:

See “about me” on my profile…

I can't seem to find that function, perhaps it's my phone

Posted up on the thread for you, a bike without a history is like a tree without roots eh.

All the best to you with its future Havoc..

Respect,

CSP

Edited by CSP2324
  • Like 1

There you go the story of my GS1000.. 

"As I said once I locate the picture of the tank from above ( I have a good one somewhere ) ill post it, you will have to bare with me as it's somewhere in a box and as yet I can't find it ).."

I bought the bike when I was 18, It had a Harris pipe, Dymag rear wheel and these clip ons that were rubbish and would sometimes move on the forks when you were going into a bend, I can't remember what went wrong with the engine but I put it into a shop to sort out, unfortunately for me someone put the window of the shop in and the bike was covered in glass with the friggin engine open and internals exposed. So I got it back and we totally pulled the whole bike apart, every nut and bolt and rebuilt it, but still it wasn’t right. By then much had been done to the entire bike and a lot of time and money had been spent on it. 

So I contacted Village Bike shop and it was taken there to just sort the engine out.

However like a kid in a sweet shop I saw stuff there that blew me away, I remember there was a bike with a monoshock conversion, I was like can you do that to mine and so it started.

Then it was can you do this, can you do that and so on…

So by the end of it, on top of the stuff that had already done, it had the front and rear end on it off an 1100 EF, Wiesco Pistons, Kent Cams, Multi Angle Valves, Welded Con Rods, Mikuni smoothbores, an oil cooler, a Vance & Hines pipe, strengthen frame, 1100 EF wheels. I'd already  done just about every nut and bolt in stainless steel, Goodridge hoses, Dyna coils, ignition, custom engine mounts, filler cap... the list was endless…

It was already black, i'd powder coated the frame, I think the VBS colours Pip had done at Dream Machine but can’t be 100 percent on that. I just remember picking it up, it was perfect, totally Pip Higham’d up. The master had done his magic.

But it was not long lived, the bike i'd spent so long to get sorted, was smashed to pieces six months later in a what has to be said ( and I’ve had a few gooden’s ) a horrific accident. You hear people say “I was lucky to be alive” but I must admit it was a miracle. I remember looking across at it on its side smoking on its side in a drive way, it was absolutely wrecked after somersaulting end over end down the road behind me as the skin was gravel rashin’ away from my limbs.

I couldn’t physically ride for some time as id been badly injured ( and I can’t remember exactly what happened as it was lifetime ago ) I must of sold the wrecked bike back to Pip or he bought it off the insurance company or something…

Anyway that was that and I forget about it, I had many more bikes and it was a memory lost in history, that was until one day by utter chance, I saw a picture of it on this site… I couldn’t believe my eyes, It was like seeing a ghost, I had to double take, it was my bike, but it couldn’t be… the last time I saw it was over thirty years ago, dead and badly smashed up. It was an odd feeling but I remembered the registration, it was my bike.

So there it was it had been rebuilt pretty much exactly the same, the guy who has it now is on this site, the story of the bike continues, follow his thread. Respect ‘Havoc’ its super cool to see it again

I don’t have regrets in life but some time after I recovered from the accident I went to see Pip about buying his turbo charged nitrous 1100EF that he was selling, he also had his GSXR1100 turbo charged nitrous for sale to, they were both ultimate street bike monsters, god knows why I didn’t buy one of them…  I should of.

Photo_2022-01-23_200802 (6).jpg

Photo_2022-01-23_183630.jpg

Photo_2022-01-23_190728.jpg

Photo_2022-01-23_173723 (2).jpg

Photo_2022-01-23_203826.jpg

Photo_2022-01-23_195950 (5).jpg

• Like 7