Mikuni RS34-D21-K or RS36-D3-K

No reason not to use 34's - remember these recommendations are based on racing applications where outright performance is key! If the rubbers are new then they should accommodate some 36's but be prepared for skinned knuckles and use of ratchet straps ! The 34's may make for a better road bike ie good torque and mid range with a little loss at top end which is rarely used anyway!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, wraith said:

Was speaking to a well known bike tuner once and he told me that anything bigger than a 35mm carb is wasted on a CV or slide carb head gs1000 as they are to big to get the best out of the engine and carbs.

Possibly, but throw a 1085 or 1135 kit at it with RS36's and it'll wake right up . . . . . who builds std. GS1000's anyway :stop:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Possibly, but throw a 1085 or 1135 kit at it with RS36's and it'll wake right up . . . . . who builds std. GS1000's anyway :stop:

My comment was just for a GS 1000 bord to 1085 or 1100cc don't know about a gsx or bigger bore than a gs1100 and if you went any bigger than a 1100cc bore on a GS motor you really need to start looking at bigger values to get the most out of the bigger bore, you then maybe ok to go for a 36mm + carbs on a gs1000.

Just repeating what Roger Upton told me when he was doing a motor for me.

• Like 1
On 1/20/2022 at 2:47 AM, jensvonbustenskjold said:

Hi all, 

Question, 

Has anyone used RS-D21-K for a GS1000? Got a 81 model with 34mm inlet. 

I see in the Mikuni manual that they recommend RS36-D3-K for GS1000. I've got a set of new 34mm inlet. Are they soft enough to push the 36mm into?

Stock engine.

Any takers, 

cheers

RS34.thumb.JPG.1dad79f4666192adfcd0e0636c9c5bd8.JPG

Have you bought any carbs yet?  If the motor is going to remain basically stock, 31mm Keihin round slide CR Specials just might hit the sweet spot.  5mm’s larger than the stock 26’s, they’ll boost top end without giving up low end.  A bit pricey tho

Edited by cnap504
16 hours ago, cnap504 said:

Have you bought any carbs yet?  If the motor is going to remain basically stock, 31mm Keihin round slide CR Specials just might hit the sweet spot.  5mm’s larger than the stock 26’s, they’ll boost top end without giving up low end.  A bit pricey tho

I did. Waiting for the postal service.

I looked at Keihlin, but it was quite expensive compared with mikuni 

• Like 1