New Martek frames

rodneya

On 1/16/2022 at 5:08 PM, baldrick said:

i wouldnt be buying anything from martek/ MK engineering etc after reading some of the horror stories on the net about them.

Yep its a dam shame, cause he has some top class machinery and tank moulds, and he makes some nice kits but like u said, he cant be trusted.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, manden said:

How rigid is a frame like that? What's the size of the tank?

Tank is very similar to the W model, and prob bout the same 17-18lt size, as far as the frame i dont think it would have alot of flex so pretty more suited to the track id think.

On 1/23/2022 at 10:24 PM, dupersunc said:

He's only got one tank mould for the Crighton bikes as far as I know.

Crighton stuff now at GIA. I saw it all there a couple of weeks back. Martek's name now mud for various reasons, especially many punters who have coughed up large amounts of cash up front and received fuck-all in return :(.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Dezza said:

Crighton stuff now at GIA. I saw it all there a couple of weeks back. Martek's name now mud for various reasons, especially many punters who have coughed up large amounts of cash up front and received fuck-all in return :(.

Oh dear. I know someone with a project there. Been there 2years and not started, but now they're building bikes they haven't sold...I see they are making WP tanks themselves now.

They've got some skills and kit there, but some people just arent business or customer orientated.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, baldrick said:

see another dissatisfied customer on fb demanding a refund following many false   promises/ non existent delivery dates.

He blocked the guy, after relieving him of 7 grand, worraknob.

not the right way to run a business :( 

• Like 1
On 3/7/2022 at 6:06 PM, dupersunc said:

Oh dear. I know someone with a project there. Been there 2years and not started, but now they're building bikes they haven't sold...I see they are making WP tanks themselves now.

They've got some skills and kit there, but some people just arent business or customer orientated.

Yeah he tried to exchange the guy Martin frame kit to a mate of mine for his Yoshi SP build that was featured in PS mag a few months back, my mate agreed and said let me know wen urve finished the frame and ill drop it off......a few weeks later Mark rang him and said can u drop off the bike and ill get the frame kit to you in a few weeks, my mate told him to Fuck off, he aint stupid, ur getting nothing without the frame in his hands. 

My mate was going to sell me the kit cause he is not well and not building bikes anymore. It was a good deal everyone was happy. After it al fell through Mark contacted me and asked if i still wanted the frame kit....HAHAHAHA, i was like NO, i was only helping my mate out cause he wanted the cash and not the frame kit

2 weeks later Adam from Iconic motorcycles in California contacted my mate and he bought it straight up. now its on its way to the US.

Its a dam shame, he has the most high tech workshop in the UK, with CAD designs, 5axis machines, Hydraulic press moulds for tanks and 3D printing but cant run a business if hes life depended on it. The shop could be soo much more productive if he had a proper manager to run it.

Il'l never use him no matter how good he is.

I have all the suppliers i need, regardless how good he is

• Like 4
43 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Yeah he tried to exchange the guy Martin frame kit to a mate of mine for his Yoshi SP build that was featured in PS mag a few months back, my mate agreed and said let me know wen urve finished the frame and ill drop it off......a few weeks later Mark rang him and said can u drop off the bike and ill get the frame kit to you in a few weeks, my mate told him to Fuck off, he aint stupid, ur getting nothing without the frame in his hands. 

My mate was going to sell me the kit cause he is not well and not building bikes anymore. It was a good deal everyone was happy. After it al fell through Mark contacted me and asked if i still wanted the frame kit....HAHAHAHA, i was like NO, i was only helping my mate out cause he wanted the cash and not the frame kit

2 weeks later Adam from Iconic motorcycles in California contacted my mate and he bought it straight up. now its on its way to the US.

Its a dam shame, he has the most high tech workshop in the UK, with CAD designs, 5axis machines, Hydraulic press moulds for tanks and 3D printing but cant run a business if hes life depended on it. The shop could be soo much more productive if he had a proper manager to run it.

Saw the SP had gone to Iconic. Sorry to here Jake isn't well. :(

• 2 months later...
On 1/25/2022 at 7:04 PM, dupersunc said:

He didn't make that...  Made by another craftsman who  decided he didn't want to deal with Martek.

Where do you get this shit from ! half of the stories are made up by muppets like you lot haha

On 5/2/2022 at 9:10 AM, Kamikaze said:

I have spent quite abit of time over at martek over the years and speak with the lads there time to time, and have gotten to see builds, frames and things first hand, when you here a few sides to a story its funny. a bit like this one so what your saying is basically nothing happened 

32 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

the truth !!!  your saying people on here are making shit up because they are muppets. 

I actually had a tank made a few years ago for a two stroke and when i picked it up they showed me and explained all about the moulds and tooling and what is getting said there is a load of rubbish, dont get me wrong there will be truth to some of this with people not happy with customer service which i read but a lot of the other stuff like this gets changed or complete nonsense, same as people owning the rights to the martek etc 

Edited by Chris12
36 minutes ago, Chris12 said:

I actually had a tank made a few years ago for a two stroke and when i picked it up they showed me and explained all about the moulds and tooling and what is getting said there is a load of rubbish, dont get me wrong there will be truth to some of this with people not happy with customer service which i read but a lot of the other stuff like this gets changed or complete nonsense, same as people owning the rights to the martek etc 

I ordered 3 swingarms for rd 350s and also a tank, they never materialised, and the swingarm I had made for a bandit was shocking, it looked great from a distance but there was so much wrong it was just scrap,  the guy is a tool, he even said to me on the phone that he is not a business man and doesn't know what he's doing, it's a shame as they could have been the best out there.

• Like 2