Bandit 1200 mk1,2,3….

johnnyboy

Hi all, 

I'm new to the suzuki bandit and want to know if theres really much difference betwwen the first 1100 model (mk1), k1 (2001) and k6 (2006) 
- In terms of overall riding experience, handling, smothness etc, or is it really mininal ? 

Has anyone actually ridden 2 or 3 of them and can make add any comments ? 

I'm wondering if they are all much of a muchness, I know a few people say the mk1 is best, with the best carbs etc..

Chz 

18 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Hi all, 

I'm new to the suzuki bandit and want to know if theres really much difference betwwen the first 1100 model (mk1), k1 (2001) and k6 (2006) 
- In terms of overall riding experience, handling, smothness etc, or is it really mininal ? 

Has anyone actually ridden 2 or 3 of them and can make add any comments ? 

I'm wondering if they are all much of a muchness, I know a few people say the mk1 is best, with the best carbs etc..

Chz 

your not gona get any good response's on here about the bandit o.O  but to answer your question the MK1 & MK2 1200 bandits are pretty much the same, the only real difference is the shape of the frame and bodywork. yeah they have different carbs but both are 36mm and produce the same amount of power.  Imo the MK1 is a better looking bike than any of the others but not many people on here will agree the bandit is a good looking bike :P   

• Like 3

I prefer the MK1 ( but I may be a little biased :D). Strong motor that's easy to get more power out of, reasonable handling, good brakes, best looking. A good all round bike that you can hussle along quite quick or load up with luggage and tour Europe on in relative comfort. Fit a decent full system or an end can and gut the 4/1 collector, disconnect the "wheelie wire", upgrade the rear shock, bit of tweaking on the forks and you're pretty much good to go.

• Like 1

Years ago I rode a mate's MK1 with a 1216 kit and some lumpy cams. Great engine and a blast to ride, but it still looked like an old man's touring bike at the end of the day. I even prefer the MK1 looks over the MK2, but every time I even consider picking up a cheap one, I just can't bring myself to have to look at it every time I go out to the garage.

2006 was a crossover year. New bodywork but the engine was the same old lump that suzuki had been making for years. I'm sure suzuki figured out some way of saving some small amount of money on each bike by updating it over two years from oil to water.

See it as a challenge: make a Blandit look really cool whilst still retaining the stock frame and bodywork. I know it can be done as I have seen it done. This also works on other machines that as stock are pretty ugly, e.g. a stock GSX1100 isn't exactly pretty but with a bit of imagination they can look really good. Same goes for a 1200 Blandit :)

• Like 1

its a shame the bandit gets a bad press !!!  it might not be the prettiest suzuki ever built but its defo not the ugliest. maybe they could of done a better job of the back end ? other than that I think they are good. they are a fun bike to ride/tour on and commute and all for little money :) and most of the time very reliable.  but we have to remember that the bandit did a lot for Suzuki when they where struggling :tu  

• Like 3