GS1000 Cam Chain replacement

Steveg

Hi,

I am thinking of replaceing the cam chain on my GS1000 and wondered if there was a chain supplied with a split rivet link. I would prefer not to have to strip the engine completely to thread a chain over the crank and rebuild the whole engine as would be required with a continous chain. 

My question would be, are there split chain kits for a riveted link (I dont want a clipped link) and if so, where can I get one. Otherwise it's a complete engine strip.

Thanks. Steve

Ive done many split link cam chains, GS style are easy enough if your careful, just bee very anal about stuffing the cam chain tunnel so you dont drop anything small down there... i learnt the hard way and ended up having to split a motor to retrieve something. Also worth double checking youve got the correct cam chain, again i learnt the hard way built a motor up and only when putting the cams in it came to light that i had been supplied the correct pitch chain but wrong length... you live and learn......

• Like 1