quick question folks GSX1100 ESD carbs

Neil-IOM

yes, its a bit of a scratcher, my gs1000 cv carbs doesnt have them and it runs perfect, GS550 cv carbs has them and runs perfect, GS1100GL doesnt have them and runs good saying that they are all on standard airboxes and jetting. This 1100 ESD has been jetted up to 152 mains and has the air corrector jets fitted but before my time. Ive got it starting and running fairly well on a cobra 4-1 and open carbs but number two just seems a little cooler on the downpipe. Done the lead swap, plug changes between 2 and 3 with no difference, carbs been ultrasoniced and rebuilt with new o rings, Got them vacuum balanced ??bang on  but its just not quite there. ??

well thanks to another set of carbs, gs850 i had at the back of the garage, ive robbed the pilot bungs, which i was suprised to see in there ans puit them in the 1100es and guess what, no bloody difference. Ive got a feeling im going to be looking for a set of replacement carbs that are known to be good ..

• Like 1