Katana 1100 speer seat yoshimura exhaust

busa ash

So i have known about this bike in my mates collection for a while , i wanted it as its super clean and has the period modifications , speer seat unit yoshimura exhaust and a telefix fork brace . This bike is an import and on the nova system so plan is to replace the perished fuel pipe and fit a new battery as this was a running bike last year , get it motd and then a uk registration 

Screenshot_20211223-161122_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20211223-160454_Photos.jpg

• Like 6
1 hour ago, neilw said:

To go back to standard seat and cowl you need to reinstate the rear frame rails as they are chopped to fit the Speer seat, it was the reason I did not fit one to mine in the late 80's when I had the chance of one on the cheap

Correct i was going to re fit the standard rear from my other katana 1100, but when i saw what was involved i am going to give it a miss

• 9 months later...

Updated back to 80s . Still looking for an original seat base and foam to get recovered . This has been done by previous owner to a good standard but it need to go on my resto mod version in martini colours .

Had an exhaust bracket over engineered but it's fine for the period yoshimura exhaust .

Last picture is with its mates in its home 

20221022_131629.jpg

20221022_131613.jpg

20221022_131644.jpg

20221022_142236.jpg

• Like 2