BANDIT 650 (2005) SWINGARM IN GSX750ES '86

SATANSAM

Hi there folx!

Last summer I got a 24000km's GSX750ES for 450€, crazy! Anyway, it came with a rear BANDIT 650 2005 wheel. So, I found a very cheap swing from a Bandit 650 2005 nearby with the break caliper (So I can forget about the original caliper with its security metal bar not fitting because of the wide tire).

QUESTION: Does anyone know if that swing will fit in the GSX750ES frame?

Thanx amigos,

Sam.

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-23 at 08.52.16.jpeg

• Like 2

Not done one myself before but I would think the swingarm should fit in the pivot points.

The only two things I would think you will need to look at is.

1. The shock mounts, top and definitely bottom.

2. You may find the swingarm (as being a bit wider) may hit the footrests?

Best thing to do, try it then let us all know how you went on, put a project thread up in projects section.

;)

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, wraith said:

Not done one myself before but I would think the swingarm should fit in the pivot points.

The only two things I would think you will need to look at is.

1. The shock mounts, top and definitely bottom.

2. You may find the swingarm (as being a bit wider) may hit the footrests?

Best thing to do, try it then let us all know how you went on, put a project thread up in projects section.

;)

Thanx Wraith,

- I'm getting a Bandit shock (Yes, it's totally different and the 750ES one is OLD).
- Man I didn't think about the foot rests...

I supose I'll have to get the whole brake system too (caliper for this Bandit disc and brake pump).

• Like 1
16 hours ago, TonyGee said:

yeah im pretty sure the swingarm will fit at the pivot point, a 1200 bandit one fits in a 750 ET frame.   did the bike come with the ET tank allready fitted ? 

Hi Tony!

Cool to know thanx m8. And no, the tank didn't come with the tank, I bought it a long time ago. I treated it with epoxy and now I'm gonna do something with it...Maybe rust it (outside), then lacquer it and finally put suzuki emblem on it :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 3:38 PM, TonyGee said:

yeah im pretty sure the swingarm will fit at the pivot point, a 1200 bandit one fits in a 750 ET frame.   did the bike come with the ET tank allready fitted ? 

Hey Tony! The 750ES swingarm (original one) is ok finally (Just concerned about the chain touching the back fat Bandit 650 wheel). Now I'm worried about the front wheel:
- Original GSX750ES forks, wanna get a BANDIT 1200 wheel in there and not sure if I'd have to get all Bandit 1200 full forks and brake system....

Cheerz pal

SUZI BACK.jpg

3 hours ago, SATANSAM said:

Hey Tony! The 750ES swingarm (original one) is ok finally (Just concerned about the chain touching the back fat Bandit 650 wheel). Now I'm worried about the front wheel:
- Original GSX750ES forks, wanna get a BANDIT 1200 wheel in there and not sure if I'd have to get all Bandit 1200 full forks and brake system....

Cheerz pal

Hi Sam, ive put a 600 bandit rear wheel in my GS 750 with a GSX1100 swingarm, it has a 150 tire on it and theirs plenty of room for the chain to clear the frame and tire, i could fit a 160 tire and still have enough room but you need to machine the sprocket carrier down a bit so the chain is closer to the wheel and move the front sprocket out a few mm.

I also fitted a 600 MK1 front wheel in a set of GSX1100ED forks, its tight as the OEM disc's are close to the fork legs (about 3mm gap) don't know if the wider 1200 rim will cause a clearance problem with a wider tire ???  you will have to make some calliper hanger brackets though. 

20211218_130629.jpg

20211121_115354.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TonyGee said:

Hi Sam, ive put a 600 bandit rear wheel in my GS 750 with a GSX1100 swingarm, it has a 150 tire on it and theirs plenty of room for the chain to clear the frame and tire, i could fit a 160 tire and still have enough room but you need to machine the sprocket carrier down a bit so the chain is closer to the wheel and move the front sprocket out a few mm.

I also fitted a 600 MK1 front wheel in a set of GSX1100ED forks, its tight as the OEM disc's are close to the fork legs (about 3mm gap) don't know if the wider 1200 rim will cause a clearance problem with a wider tire ???  you will have to make some calliper hanger brackets though. 

20211218_130629.jpg

20211121_115354.jpg

Hey thanx Tony! I'll buy the front wheel directly and COPY YOU! :D I see yo are using the original calipers! Oh by the way, What chain kit do you use? One for Bandit or one for your original GSX1100? Thanx again pal!

6 minutes ago, SATANSAM said:

Hey thanx Tony! I'll buy the front wheel directly and COPY YOU! :D I see yo are using the original calipers! Oh by the way, What chain kit do you use? One for Bandit or one for your original GSX1100? Thanx again pal!

copy away Sam ;)  yeah im using the OEM callipers off the GSX1100 as its all i had plus didn't have the dosh to buy any others :( but they'll do for now on the 750. 

the back sprocket i already had lying around but had to buy a cheap 530 front sprocket to fit the GSX750 engine. then i just buy the longest cheap 530 chain and cut it to fit. :tu  

the 750 is just gona be a run around for now so its built on a tight budget. :)  

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

copy away Sam ;)  yeah im using the OEM callipers off the GSX1100 as its all i had plus didn't have the dosh to buy any others :( but they'll do for now on the 750. 

the back sprocket i already had lying around but had to buy a cheap 530 front sprocket to fit the GSX750 engine. then i just buy the longest cheap 530 chain and cut it to fit. :tu  

the 750 is just gona be a run around for now so its built on a tight budget. :)  

Gotcha, I'm in your same position...Bike, beach & mountain...BUT IF IT WORKS IT WORKS! We'll see :tu

Suzi lateral.jpeg

• Like 2

I was looking for ages for a set of disc's that would fit the bandit wheel and with a smaller offset but with the O.D of the GSX disc's !!!!  i could then fit the standard callipers. but theirs nowt I could find apart for having some made at silly money :(  so went with 600 bandit disc's that clear the fork legs (including the disc bobbins) i had to cut the GSX pads down a bit as they are to wide for the disc face where the pads sit. yeah a bit of a bodge but will at some point get a pair of B6 callipers. 

the standard GSX wheel spacers where machined out to take the 17mm bandit spindle and used a B6 speedo drive. 

saying that I ended up changing the front wheel for an early GSXR1100 18 inch 3 spoke one, just thought it looked better for the style of bike O.o  its a bit wider at the hub than the bandit which isn't a big problem as ZZR1100 disc's fit the wheel and have a much lower offset. 

the wheel was already powder coated gold but should look better when its painted black. :) 

20211218_130544.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Tony, man thanx for all this info, it's really helpful! That bike is looking cool Man! But you need a haircut! :D Only kidding. I'm aiming to go the same way OR getting forks, wheel, discs and calipers from a 1200 Bandit, quite cheap. I don't know if it the fork will fit in the GSX750EF frame... We'll see...But your way is more fun!!! 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, SATANSAM said:

But you need a haircut! :D

lol, thats my dog face bombing !!!!!  told him to get out of the way but he just ignored me O.o

yeah a 1200 bandit front end will go on with a bit of jiggery pokery !!!  you'll need the bandit yokes but the stem is to long for the GSX frame. but you can press the GSX stem out and fit it in the bandit yokes then sort the lock stops out. 

Edited by TonyGee
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, TonyGee said:

lol, thats my dog face bombing !!!!!  told him to get out of the way but he just ignored me O.o

yeah a 1200 bandit front end will go on with a bit of jiggery pokery !!!  you'll need the bandit yokes but the stem is to long for the GSX frame. but you can press the GSX stem out and fit it in the bandit yokes then sort the lock stops out. 

Well that sounds promising! I didn't know you could press the stem out of the yoke! Loox like hard stuff man

1 hour ago, SATANSAM said:

Man, that scares me...What would happen if the welding was too deep? THes japanese don't do weak sht :/ My friend might have a spare one...Wll, worst scenario would be leaving it as it is...Thanx folx

I think if the weld was ground flush then it should press out !!!!!!  

just looked at my GSX1100 yoke, the stem is pressed in to the ally bottom yoke !!!! maybe the 750's had a steel yoke with the stem welded in ?????? 

20220113_131351.jpg

You could just get a gaxr750/1100 k 1989 top and bottom yoke use them with the b12 front end, no need for stem swaps and then you will just need to use.

A. Put the gsxr discs on 

Or 

B. Use the b12 discs and use 4x 1.8mm spacers for the caliper mounts. 

You will need to mount handle bar clamps in the gsxr top yoke but that's not hard to do, or use the gsxr clip ons 

(y)

• Like 3
5 hours ago, wraith said:

You could just get a gaxr750/1100 k 1989 top and bottom yoke use them with the b12 front end, no need for stem swaps and then you will just need to use.

A. Put the gsxr discs on 

Or 

B. Use the b12 discs and use 4x 1.8mm spacers for the caliper mounts. 

You will need to mount handle bar clamps in the gsxr top yoke but that's not hard to do, or use the gsxr clip ons 

(y)

Thanx wraith,

Sounds good! SO I supose the GSXR 750/1100 stem is the same as the gsx750es? I just thougt What about GSX750F?Just a bit later from mine, might just fit perfectly. 

6 minutes ago, SATANSAM said:

Thanx wraith,

Sounds good! SO I supose the GSXR 750/1100 stem is the same as the gsx750es? I just thougt What about GSX750F?Just a bit later from mine, might just fit perfectly. 

as far as i know all the gsxr's are the same length as the gsx's, as to the gsxf im not sure ???  

• Like 1